At Hollyburn, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We want you with us!
We are Hollyburn Family Services Society, an industry leading organization that provides unique and robust services to youth, seniors and families facing social issues since 2004. We value the uniqueness of each individual and their inherent capacity for growth. We rely on our core values to create a trusting and safe environment free from harassment and discrimination for our team and for our clients. We treat our employees, clients, and community with fairness, dignity and respect, and as such strive to hire and build a team reflective of these values. We are proud to have a diverse team, all of whom have unique abilities which to enrich the lives of their clients.
You are a team player who can mentor and assist chronically and episodically homeless youth to obtain and maintain appropriate housing, community resources, and services to support their long-term well-being. You are a positive energetic role model who has a passion and skill for working with youth, meeting them where they’re at, and supporting them to move forward setting and achieving goals. Clients are all ages from 16 to 24 years old.
The role we are looking to fill is for InHome Support Worker for the North Shore Youth Safe House. This is a full-time position, 3, 24hr shifts per week. The InHome Support Worker reports to the North Shore Youth Safe Home Supervisor.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- B.A. in a related field and or a combination of a related diploma and 2 years experience in the field
- Working knowledge of mental health, addictions and homelessness.
- Must hold a current First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Must hold a current CPI certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention).
- Own vehicle, hold a valid B.C. Driver’s Licence and have business insurance with $3,000,000.00 liability.
- Ability to pass a Ministry of Children and Families Background check and a Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check for the vulnerable sector.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and directly with sensitivity, both verbally and in writing.
You’ll score more points if you have:
- Demonstrated experience dealing with challenging youth, strategy development, mediation, counseling, advocacy, community networking, and life skills management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of different child and youth care approaches, the development of youth service plans, and legislation and government regulations applicable to the program.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems and be flexible in approaches.
- Demonstrated understanding of Housing First philosophies
- Knowledge of issues and resources specific to the community.
A sample of what you’ll be doing:
- Performing intakes, clothing inventory, & household maintenance
- Facilitating recreational and/or educational activities
- Completing and presenting weekly progress reports
- Recognizing each youth’s strengths, weaknesses, care plans, and the best individual approaches for behaviour management
- Working collaboratively with other support services connected with the youth.
- Maintaining appropriate client records and complete reports on a timely manner
Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset:
We offer extensive training opportunities to all employees. We support professional development and advancement within our every growing organization. Our salaries are competitive and our benefits package for full-time employees includes 100% employer premium paid BC Medical, extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance, wellness days and sick leave. After a six-month probationary period, our employees become eligible for our Registered Retirement Savings Plan where Hollyburn matches contributions up to 3% of gross salary.
If you’re still reading this and are excited to take your career at Hollyburn to the next level, then do not delay! Send your resume and a brief cover and tell us why you the best person for this role by May 12th 2021 @ 4 PM.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Do you have working knowledge of mental health, addictions and homelessness?
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (preferred)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (preferred)
- Driver License (Class 5) (preferred)
- Proof of Ability to Legally Work in Canada (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)