Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Retail Program Manager, the Retail Project Manager will be responsible for leading cross functional projects from inception through delivery (i.e. “end-to-end”), to support the Retail business. The Retail Project Manager will also support the goals and process-development of the Inter-departmental Project Management Office (“IDPMO”), by sharing best practices, and ensuring projects are executed using IDPMO standards. The successful candidate for this role must be self-driven, a team player, and possess excellent organizational skills with strong communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Collaborate with business partners to drive continuous improvement and transform customer experience
- Collaborate with functional teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop and implement new business processes
- Accountable for the end-to-end schedule for project delivery, risk identification, dependency tracking, issue identification, escalation, and resolution, and manage change management appropriately through team resources
- Develop and maintain project plans, coordinate project activities, track critical path milestones, accomplishments and results
- Monitor and lead risk identification and mitigation, as well as issue resolution processes, ensuring buy-in from and reporting to key executive stakeholders and sponsors
- Monitor and report on project progress using frequent project team meetings, tracking tools, and one-on-one engagements with functional leads
- Lead project reporting and support project governance, ensuring robust decision making and documentation (e.g. Lessons Learned documentation)
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager
- Must have minimum of 3 years project management experience in retail operations and retail technology
- Experience with point-of-sale system an asset
- Business Analysis experience an asset
- PMP certification an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Highly analytical, motivated problem solver
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to structure analysis independently and identify root causes for issues
- Experience using process improvement/Lean methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team
- Entrepreneurial spirit and prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced retail setting
This is a full-time position based out of downtown Toronto, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.