Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Manager of Organizational Development and Diversity, the Organizational Development Specialist will work closely with colleagues and internal and external stakeholders at Scarborough Health Network (SHN). The Organizational Development Specialist will support the identification, design, development, implementation, delivery and evaluation of strategic Organizational Development programs and initiatives. The successful candidate will ensure programs and initiatives align with SHN's strategic directions, enhance leader effectiveness and support employee engagement and retention.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Conducting literature reviews, environmental scans and needs assessments to build and refine inclusive programs supporting the learning, growth, and development of employees, including emerging leaders.
- Design, develop, implement and deliver corporate and department/division-specific learning programs that support employee engagement and retention and the development of a leadership pipeline aligned with the LEADS in a Caring Environment capability framework.
- Consult with leaders to develop, implement and evaluate department specific supports to help leaders improve team cohesion and increase staff engagement.
- Establish project plans, mobilize and manage resources necessary to complete projects, monitor progress, and meet timelines.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to align and promote programming across the organization
- Liaise and consult with external consultants, vendors, stakeholders and subject-matter-experts etc.
- Undergraduate Degree from a recognized institution required (Organizational Development, Business, Adult Education or Psychology degree preferred.)
- Master's Degree from a recognized institution required (Organizational Development/Behaviour, Business or Adult Education degree preferred.)
- Must have 5+ years of progressive experience supporting and leading organizational development initiatives within a large, fast-paced and complex organization, preferably healthcare
- Highly developed in-person and virtual facilitation skills with a thorough understanding of principles and practices of adult education
- Highly proficient in using web conferencing applications, including both Zoom and Teams, for interactive virtual facilitation sessions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and other applications such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Survey Monkey, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating corporate learning and development programs using a blended/multi-modal learning approach.
- Ability to building rapport and credibility with clients at all levels, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate in a variety of written formats for varying audiences.
- Ability to manage projects and meet timelines
- Ability to support small and large scale change initiatives
- Superb time management and organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrated experience building inclusive learning solutions
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public.
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN's Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy, inclusive and positive work environment.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record.
- Ability to travel cross-site as needed.
- Certifications in Crucial Conversations, Emotional Intelligence, LEADS and/or LEADS certified coach, CTDP, Change Management (i.e. Prosci)
- Professional Membership with the Institute for Performance and Learning preferred.
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers