Job Title: Labour Scheduler
Job Location: Ingleside, ON
The Labour Scheduler is accountable for ensuring the availability of staff to meet production requirements and in accordance with applicable policies. The Scheduler ensures integrity of data in the systems and produces various reports and metrics. In addition the Scheduler assists clerical staff with preparing production orders for startup.
Critical Success Factors:
- Prepare and maintain weekly labour schedules according to production demand, job posting, and seniority. Participate in weekly scheduling meetings with managers, production planners, and supervisors to verify labour demands for upcoming production. Communicate schedule to employees and answer questions.
- Perform related scheduling duties such as coordinating timetable changes and replacement of absent employees by contacting employees to fill available positions, approving and booking vacation according to the vacation limits per job posting, and preparing and awarding any over time according to the policy. Interact with Human Resources department and supervisors are required.
- Prepare and maintain a training matrix for all employees according to skill and ability indicating training needed or completed.
- Produce reports such as employee time keeping history from the time keeping system (KRONOS), weekly labour report including head count, ratios, and overfill rate per line/per shift.
- Perform administrative duties such as processing documentation for payroll purposes. Interpret and enter information from manning schedules/logbooks to maintain payroll for approximately 225 employees. Audit/Investigate/correct punches, positon codes, error messages and reports to ensure accurate payroll and financial reporting. Reconcile reports.
- Maintain and develop scheduling system (MS Access) in conjunction with Human Resources, Information Technology, and supervisors.
- Participate in logistics projects as required.
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- College diploma in related field such as Business or Finance Program or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in labour and/or production planning in a manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with employees and management
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel/Access
Parmalat is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity. Parmalat strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Parmalat is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the member of the Talent Acquisition team in a timely fashion of any disabilities that requires accommodation measures in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Company pension
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Education reimbursement
- Wellness programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent