We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of Stelco, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
Safety is the Core Value of Stelco and the individual will make Safety the #1 priority in the execution of all work activities, including monitoring contractor/vendor safety in support of work efforts.
- Conduct projects to develop new cold rolled and coated products and to improve process capability.
- Refine processing targets to improve product capability.
- Design and administer trials during processing at Stelco and at customers.
- Analyze process and property data to establish statistical capability.
- Prepare reports and presentations to document the results of your development work.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams including personnel from Operations, Quality Assurance and Automation to move projects forward.
What you bring to the table-
- Diploma or degree in Materials/Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science by June 2019
- 0 – 3 years of professional work experience
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong physical metallurgy background along with good understanding of mechanical testing fundamentals
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability and desire to work in a shop floor environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- An enthusiastic approach and ability to learn quickly and assume responsibility
- As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
Your work environment:
- A mix of office, laboratory and heavy manufacturing environments
- Safety is our highest priority, and safety procedures and guidelines must be adhered to at all times. This includes wearing personal protective equipment, such as a hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, respirator, flame retardant clothing and safety shoes with metatarsal protection as needed.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Stelco is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time