Construction - Skilled Laborer
Boszko & Verity Inc. is a construction management company that values good design. We are proactive managers and problem solvers who ensure that the client’s goals and the designer’s creative vision are realized with ease and efficiency. Our reputation is built on solid construction management skills, high quality construction and most importantly good customer service.
We are looking for a Skilled Labourer to complement our site team for projects around the GTA. This person will assist the Site Manager performing general, tasks on the construction site. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and always looking for something to do.
- Install equipment and materials according to specifications and specifications
- Install, mount, or mount equipment and or structures using appropriate tools, materials, and techniques
- Mounting equipment using appropriate tools, materials, and techniques
- Install electrical wiring systems using various components
- Install various types of flooring materials using hand tools
- Perform tasks of general construction labor duties such as digging, leveling, installing wall panels, etc.
- Perform other construction labor duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver's license in good standing - this is required to travel between job sites as needed
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings required
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings, carpenter’s blueprints, floor plans
- Ability to read drawings accurately and understand technical drawings.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, consistently throughout a job site
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions and work at heights up to 40 feet on various job sites
-Must be able to safely climb ladders and work at heights up to 15 feet on various job sites.
- Must be able to safely operate power tools including hand and power tools.
- Ability to work occasional weekend pending project deadlines
If any part of this ad piques your interest, we highly encourage you to apply! Please visit our careers page at boszkoandverity.com.
B&V is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a respectful, collaborative, and inclusive environment that reflects the diverse communities where we live and serve. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Please let the HR team know if you require accommodation at any point of the recruitment process and we will make our best efforts to meet your needs.
We thank everyone for your interest, but we can only contact candidates who have been selected to advance to the next phase of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Toronto Area, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- construction: 1 year (preferred)
- driver's license AND access to a vehicle? (required)
Work Location: In person