Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
35 Clyde Ave, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1N 4S2
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
About the Role:
The Warehouse Assembler role is perfect for those who love to work independently and stay active, while being supported by a strong team in a fast-paced unionized environment. You will assemble pallets of product for inventory requests made by Loblaw stores.
In addition to ensuring pallets are accurate and properly identified, you will be responsible for wrapping orders and preparing them for shipping.
You will use your keen attention to detail to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, adhere to the HACCP Food Handling practices, and inspect and report any unsafe vehicles or conditions to your Supervisor.
Join a team committed to helping you grow your career, and one that provides new opportunities. We offer a competitive compensation package with bonus incentives, and an inclusive workplace that thrives on Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence .
You bring a positive attitude that will help strengthen our strong culture of respect and diversity.
Other Skills You Will Require:
- Completed or completing a Secondary School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Able to lift and carry up to 60-80 lbs , repeatedly with accuracy in a timed environment
- Comfortable working in a temperature-controlled environment
- Capable working around heavy machinery and able to use an electric-powered pallet jack
- Ability to take direction from a voice-automated system to pick and organize orders
How You’ll Succeed:
- Comprehensive paid training program when you start
- Flexible shifts available; Day, afternoon and night shifts
- Shift premium added for afternoon and night shifts
- Colleague Discount Program at Loblaw Corporate stores
- Safety equipment provided & yearly footwear allowance
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.