We are looking for a smart and energetic Order Desk Specialist to join our team. The role requires strong organizational skills and a very high attention to detail. You will work closely with several other interconnected teams ensuring customer orders are processed, shipped and invoiced - accurately and on time.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 7:00am to 3:00pm
We are a progressive national food broker representing National and Regional Brands in the retail grocery, mass merchandisers and drug industry. Our areas of expertise include Import/Export and Food Brokerage. We are flexible, adaptable, street smart and completely dedicated to building the brands we represent.
This is a great opportunity to join a mature, growing business and to build your career. We are located in beautiful North Vancouver, close to public transit, great shopping, and other amenities. We offer a substantial benefits package, performance bonus, and a modern, professional work environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive and process customer orders (via email, EDI, fax, and other proprietary software)
- Verify the accuracy of pricing, deals, order minimums and input into NetSuite
- Forward orders to the appropriate warehouse, and follow-up as required
- Ensure waybills are received the day after shipping, and follow-up as required
- Invoice the customer based on the waybill the day following shipment
- Request clarity on all items, pricing and deals from the appropriate Brand Specialist as may be required
- Request clarity on all shipping details (minimums, shortages)
- Enter new customers into the system
- Back-up for Front-desk as per the schedule
- Support and/or backup for other team members as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least two years’ experience in an administrative/office environment
- Previous CPG sector experience is essential
- Excellent Excel skillset essential
- Previous experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system is a significant advantage
- Work within a team environment
- Multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Good computer skills (fast and accurate data entry)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service oriented.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our office is closed to non-essential staff. This position is considered as Essential work and you will be required to come into the office for limited and defined periods of time. As directed by the BC government, once we officially re-open the North Vancouver office you will be required to work out of this office on a regular basis.
Please include cover letter and resume in a single PDF document.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Administrative/office: 2 years (Required)
- data input: 2 years (Required)
- CPG: 2 years (Preferred)