This position delivers a high level of customer service and responsiveness while performing direct sales to our full range of customers. The role is located in our head office and coordinates with other Partner, Territory and Marcom teams. The role involves being part of a coordinated team that focuses on understanding customer needs, ensuring customer satisfaction, providing timely responses and supports product marketing initiatives. Experience in business-to-business sales operation and ability to operate in a structured sales environment form the underpinning of operational work.
· Basic understanding of all our customer Class(es) and be able to naturally deal with a single assigned Class.
· Provide timely responses to inquiries and coordinate with internal sales, support and service teams as needed
· Develop and maintain a conversant knowledge about all Sensors & Software products and know where to get support as needed.
· Provide accurate information/recommendations to sales prospects to ensure effective closing on all sales for all Sensors & Software products
· Coordinate live or virtual demos for sales prospects
· Coordinate training/webinar requests with Lead, Training as required.
· Generate software passwords as required
· Assist with training order processes as required
· Gather frequently asked questions, to be used as part of triage process and incorporated into a knowledge base.
· Assist with conducting post sales follow up and report customer satisfaction
· Provide sales & customer service support for defined hours of sales operation
CRM and Data
· Document in NetSuite all sales leads from sales activities, incoming marketing and inbound leads, on-line/social media research and current customers’ interactions.
· Enter and maintain in NetSuite database of customer contacts and account information
· Have knowledge of the sales funnel for new accounts, customers and quotes and know how to use
- Understand the ERP structure and reporting/data analytics features
- Pull data and reports for area leads and team members, as needed.
· Entry of sales item descriptions and images in ERP system and catalogs as required
· Review database for accuracy as assigned and execute on data integrity goals.
Sales & Services
· Monitor and report progress on personal progress against sales targets/KPIs
· Work closely with Territory Sales Representatives to support efforts in the various territories.
· Create quotes, proactively follow up, convert quotes to sales orders & manage sales pipeline funnel according to defined sales process
· Assist other Sales Representatives to meet timelines as required
· Basic knowledge of all products & services, and able to provide 1st level response for rental, training, support & sales inquiries.
· Develop and share sales and service tips and ideas with other sales staff
· Work with Marcom to log and report responses from marketing campaigns Document common contact finings and trends to feed back to Marcom and Product Management Teams
· Provide inputs into product messaging and marketing campaign creation to generate new sales opportunities
· Assist in entry of ERP records for webinars and large events
· Support tradeshows and display booth activity as necessary.
· Travel up to 15% per year and have valid passport and driver’s license current and unblemished.
· Support other members of the sales and training teams as required including providing administrative support, lead generation activities, customer demos and event participation to meet timelines as required
· Aid in the development of training and onboarding materials for new sales staff
· Support accounting with account receivables on outstanding invoicing issues as needed
· Other duties as required.
· Understand you departmental or area initiatives as defined in the operating plan and help execute these initiatives.
· All areas of the company require business coverage from 830am to 500pm and while time is flexible you need to do your part to ensure that area coverage is maintained.
· Understand that you work in a small to medium sized business and that being a member of such an organization requires that you may from time to time have to pitch in and carry out work that is not part of your normal responsibilities; ‘no task is too small and no challenge too big if everyone pitches in’.
· Identify gaps or areas for improvement within each process.
· Meeting sales targets as defined by annual KPIs.
· Report on sales KPIs and identify sales shortfalls as soon as they are apparent to management.
· Timely entry and accuracy of information entered in NetSuite as per defined service levels
· Timely response to all incoming inquiries as per defined service levels
· Adherence to sales processes and procedures
· Timeliness and quality of all reports requested by management
· Providing immediate business backup to any sales activity or role as requested.
· Adherence to corporate values
· Adherence to corporate procedures and policies
· Maintenance of confidentiality in respect to all matters and understand what sensitive information means.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in sales or customer service role.
· Minimum 2 years’ post-secondary education.
· Proficient use of MS Office and ability to learn new software.
· Strong analytical skills and reporting experience.
· Strong organizational skills & ability to prioritize daily activities.
· Excellent customer service, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
· Fluent multi- or bilingualism desired
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales & customer: 2 years (Required)