G&L-Maintenance & Service Division
Heavy Equipment Manager
Great opportunity to join a fantastic team at G&L.
For over 45 years, G&L has been a valuable part of the neighborhoods where we live, work and play. Through the construction, landscaping and contracting industries, G&L proudly provides quality products and services that build communities from the ground up. We’re honored to be a part of the roads that take you to work, the playgrounds your children love and the places you call home.
The G&L Group of Companies include Toronto Redi-Mix, Brock Aggregates, Earthco Soil Mixtures, Draglam Salt, and Draglam Waste & Recycling. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, G&L is the GTA’s only independent construction material supplier to offer this all-inclusive product line and services.
At G&L, heavy-duty trucks and equipment are vital to our success. As an organization poised for significant growth, it’s imperative that our fleet is operating to its fullest capacity. G&L’s Maintenance & Service division is comprised of a team of certified quality mechanics who pride themselves on craftmanship.
A family-oriented organization, G&L offers a fulfilling work environment that rewards and recognizes progress. We promote and celebrate success and those who achieve it.
Our goal is simple – to serve our clients with a passion for excellence and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
G&L is seeking a responsible, passionate, outgoing, energetic Heavy Equipment Manager to work closely with the Maintenance Manager. This position has the potential to advance to a leadership role to facilitate G&L’s strategic growth.
Heavy Equipment Manager will have unlimited potential to grow and develop into a leader and serve as a mentor through exemplary service to our staff.
Hours will vary according to customer demand and will be agreed upon prior to hire.
- Coordinate and plan with management to determine equipment needs.
- Manage the maintenance and up keep of equipment.
- Supervise equipment, technicians and others who work with or around the equipment.
- Plan, organize and control maintenance on all equipment.
- Manage the preventive maintenance on assigned support equipment.
- Oversee materials, parts and finished products to maintain equipment.
- Provide guidance to the staff and advise on issues.
- Set objectives for staff regarding their work performance
- Make decisions which impact the achievement of the work.
- Overhaul and repair electric and fuel system engines.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the shop and yard.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain heavy duty equipment and other construction machinery.
- Inspect work to ensure repairs and replacement have been completed correctly.
- Maintain detailed records and organization plans.
- Provide to management two updates per day regarding all ongoing maintenance, repairs and performance of staff (one at the beginning and one at the end of the shift).
- College/University preferred
- 3-5 relevant years of experience
- Licensed 310T and 421A
- Thorough, knowledge of power, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Strong leadership skills and computer proficient
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Manage multiple relationships well
- Problem and conflict management skills
- Able to handle pressure and remain calm in all situations
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Customer service orientated – positive, professional and responsive
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation time
- Insurance Medical & Dental, Group Retirement Program
Job Type: Full-time
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- 310S or 310T, 421A (Required)