Choice Youth Shelter is looking for mature individuals to work at our shelter in the capacity of Front-line staff.
We are hiring for 4 position part time to full time.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Front Line Staff will report directly to the Shelter Director. In Shelter Director’s absence please report to Residential Manager. Details relating to the youth that are residents will be conveyed to the specific residence’s counselor. The incumbent will ensure that the agency’s goals, policies and procedures are met and adhered to. This is a very active, “hand’s on” role whereby the incumbent will spend an abundance of time in the shelters on the floor.
Computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, food storage and preparation equipment, Reliable Vehicle/Valid Driving License/Insurance, basic tools.
- Read all documentation from previous shifts (communication book).
- Ensuring the kitchen is clean in at all times
- Supervise activities of residents while on shelter property and document arrival and departure times.
- Complete intake package of information with full participation of the resident who is intaking.
- Answer all phone calls and deal with inquires or refer to appropriate staff member.
- Monitor phone usage of residents as outlined in residents rules.
- Prepare the meal, and snack as outlined on the weekly menu.
- Search all residents when they enter the shelter. Follow intake procedure.
- Complete daily residential comment sheets and attendance forms as required.
- Complete any incident reports and deliver to Shelter Director
- Coordinate and work with volunteers and other front line staff members.
- Assist in compiling reports as necessary.
- Complete shift change exchange of information with other staff members.
- Cleaning of the house daily
- Inventory and organizing the front pantry and art supply (and art therapy) cupboards
- Ensure all incident reports have been printed and up to date in binder
- Other duties may be added at the discretion of the Shelter Director.
All employees must be able and willing to work within all programs and with flexible schedules.
Job Type: Part-time
- Food Handler (Preferred)
- CPR (Preferred)
- Food Safe (Preferred)