About Innocon Inc.
We are a quality oriented, innovation driven solutions provider for your concrete needs. Throughout the years we have developed a strong reputation based on our consistent focus on quality and service. Excellent coverage from our ready-mix plants through out the Greater Toronto Area allows us to provide the highest level of service to all our customers.
Every day Innocon delivers concrete to hundreds of construction projects in the Greater Toronto Area, ranging from small house renovations to the biggest high-rise buildings in Canada. We have a team that takes time to understand the needs of our clients in order to provide the most cost effective solution. Our sales, quality and management teams interact with clients and contractors at every stage of the construction process, and our knowledge of the industry plays an important role in our product development.
We are dedicated to continuous innovation with the support of our joint owners Lafarge and Italcementi, both world leaders in construction materials, to bring our clients world-class concrete solutions. Our new concretes attain new levels of technical performance and anticipate changing industry requirements. Each new product is designed to be more effective in the construction process and help our clients achieve greater success.
Our core values include respect for people and respect for our environment. We hold ourselves to the highest Health and Safety standardOverview: s, ensuring that our actions today do not limit the possibilities of future generations.
Objective & Overview
Conduct classroom and hands on training to newly hired and current individuals that will allow them to maintain and enhance their professional safe truck driving and loader safety operating skills. Provides physical as well as written assessment of ability of candidate to do the job and provide feedback to candidate and operations management. Conduct necessary auditing at Plant locations to assure all documentation is kept in satisfactory order and up to-date so to assure CVOR compliance. Promotes the highest level of concern for the safety of all employees.
1. Safety: Become subject matter expert with Innocon’s various certified driver modules including, but not limited to, Safety, Concrete product knowledge and technology, sales and customer service, company policies and procedures, truck maintenance and vehicle operations, and plant operations; Ensures that Drivers understand and adhere to all Safety legislations and company policies;
2. Hiring and Retention: working with HR and Ops team, the Driver Trainer is primarily responsible for leading the hiring and retention strategy of Driver; Attend recruitment job fairs and maintain active searches with job boards and agencies to ensure a continuous dedicated pipeline of Driver talent for Innocon;
3. Training: Train individuals with previous commercial truck driving experience to drive the truck in a safe and acceptable manner according to the Lafarge policies and procedures, state law, industry accepted standards, and DOT/regulatory requirements; Re-train current drivers to help reinforce policies and procedures that will enhance their safe driving skills; Provide and train individuals with previous loader operating experience to operate loaders in a safe and acceptable manner according to the Lafarge policies and procedures and industry accepted standards;
Provide and train, drivers and operators on “Lock-out / Tag –out / Try-out” procedures for all mobile equipment and assure all processes are in place and in latest standing order; Conduct training to individuals with no previous commercial driving experience that will allow them to pass written Federal or Provincial exam to obtain permit and then to pass skills test and road test to gain professional license as required and/or appropriate;
4. Compliance: Is responsible to certify competences and release candidate to Driver Captain for OJT; Conduct field observations or ride-a-longs with written assessment/feedback/re-certification to driver and management; Assist operations management in the logistics of program management and certification/training documentation and tracking; Conduct site audits and assure all documentation that relates to drivers and maintenance is up to-date and meet all CVOR requirements;
5. Reporting: Provides reporting on assessments, competency measurements, and re-certifications as appropriate and/or requested;
6. Investigations: Conduct adequate accident investigation and report for all major vehicle accident resulting with body injury and Roll-Over.
Relationship with Others
- Operations Manager
- Plant Managers
- Logistics team
- Motor Vehicle Accident record and responsibilities
- CVOR/License Upgrades and standing
- Driver and Operator Training material and schedules
- Driver and Operator assessments and file updates
- Mobile equipment safety orientation and standings
- Ontario Highway Legal Compliance
- Development of driver Qualification / Performance database and reports
- 250+ drivers
- 9 plant sites
- College diploma in Business or Logistics or equivalent experience
- 5 years commercial driving experience
- 3 years Ready Mix driving experience
- 3 years of experience in training or an instructional role
- Work in varied climate conditions
- Lifting up to 60 pounds minimum
- AZ/DZ license required
- Influence without authority
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Motivating others
- Planning & Organizing
- Business Acumen
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Commercial driving: 5 years (preferred)
- Training & development: 2 years (required)