As a member of DHL Supply Chain, a world class leader in third party logistics, we are currently seeking Operations Supervisor.
The Operations Supervisor coordinates and supervises the daily and weekly activities that occur within assigned area of the location/operation; provides leadership, motivation, training, and development of workforce; executes against customer/site requirements; participates in continuous improvement activities as part of the site management team and ensures company policies are followed and site develops positive work culture that makes our Company First Choice for Associates.
Detailed Description Associate Interaction
- Example activities include Associate Development, one on one coaching, walking throughout work area during assigned shift, conflict resolution among associates, associate group meetings and training.
- Direct the necessary daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for associates.
- Deliver associate orientation, training, performance reviews, and/or development as appropriate.
- Ensure the associates have proper access to the necessary tools to perform their assigned duties and that the tools are routinely inspected and maintained.
- Example activities include manpower planning, equipment maintenance, work flow prioritization and daily scheduling.
- Plan, manage, and adjust the daily workload and staffing to minimize the unplanned overtime.
- Ensure shift/daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished (i.e., staffing, equipment, space).
- Example activities include identifying labor needs, interviews and recruiting activities, implementing training, and coaching / counseling for improved performance.
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied, and enforced (i.e., safety, accounting, operational, regulatory, and administrative).
- Maximizes quality and productivity by understanding job standards for each function, and evaluating performance variances in order to identify root cause and corrective action.
- Example activities include staff meetings, customer interactions, vendor/service provider interactions, and internal communications with peers, staff and internal business unit departments. - Effectively communicate work task Standard Operating Procedures, convey key information during pre-shift meetings and ensure appropriate shift hand-offs.Provide a professional environment with relation to external customers and vendors such as drivers, dispatchers, and customer representatives.
Are you ready to grow your career and challenge yourself? Are you looking for a fast paced work environment within a Company that offers a competitive salary structure and great benefits and perks? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shifts available: Afternoon shift (1500 - 2300) and Night shift (2300-0700)
Job Type: Full time opportunity
-Diploma or Bachelor's degree
- 3 Years of Management Experience is a must!
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)