Western Forest Products' is recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor for Vancouver Island, BC area.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising the safe and efficient execution of maintenance activities. The Supervisor will direct, lead and motivate a diverse unionized team to maintain assets, environmental protection and operational sustainability while working closely with production employees to ensure issue are addressed in a safe and timely manner.
As part of the management team, the Supervisor is expected to participate in and foster a culture of continuous improvement. This will also include working with other members of the management team to achieve operational strategies that align with divisional and corporate business objectives. This role will be focused on developing industry leading operation reliability while concurrently implementing new technology.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Ensure compliance with OH&S Regulations, and other best practices, with regards to equipment and facility design and operation of mechanical and electrical operating structures and processes.
- Ensure compliance with OH&S Regulations, and other best practices, with regards to employees and contractors working across the site.
- Develop and maintain a reliable preventive maintenance program.
- Develop, implement and maintain strategies and processes to obtain ongoing and continuous improvement in operational reliability via such indicators as uptime, efficiency, through put, optimization, and other measures as required or directed.
- Develop, implement and maintain strategies and processes to obtain ongoing and continuous improvement in operational safety.
- Co-ordinate and manage projects as required, including costing, vendor selection, demolition, installation and start up.
In addition to having a strong knowledge and understanding of maintenance strategies and methodologies, the successful candidate will be a self-starter who leads with integrity while maintaining a respectful and safe working environment. This motivated individual will also have experience dealing with a unionized workforce and collective agreements. This position will require some evening work and will require weekend work.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)