Mississauga Code Club is a non-profit focused on developing critical digital and technology skills among young learners, to prepare them to find professional pathways in today’s growing digital economy. Mississauga Code Club offers quarterly coding, digital media, and robotics courses for kids, youth and girls of age 8-16. The growing enrollment in our courses reflects high quality and community’s trust in our offerings.
Job Title: Computer Training Instructor
Are you passionate about technology, coding, and teaching?! Well, this is the job for you!
We are looking for part-time computer/coding instructors who have experience in Scratch, Python, HTML & CSS, JS, or Java. Applicants who have more experienced knowledge may be asked to help with web development related projects. You may be asked to come into our labs from time to time.
You are passionate about inspiring, leading, and teaching grade 2 to 12 students in a fun environment.
Ideal for high school & college/university graduates in computer science or computer engineering that are passionate about teaching and want to make a difference in young generations. Also ideal for passionate graduating students who are keen on teaching others, developing computer science curriculum, and teaching plans.
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada (will ask for documentation)
- Age between 15-30-years-old
- Ability to come to our labs in Mississauga when deemed necessary
- Knowledge of programming languages for young learners such as Scratch, Python, HTML & CSS, and Java (the more the merrier)
- Working experience with kids and youth
- High school or university education background in coding and related fields
- Experience in teaching/learning online
- Experience in developing lesson plans for young learners
- Outstanding speaking and writing skills
- Working knowledge in platforms such as google drive, google classroom, zoom, adobe connect, etc.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Successful applicants will be working on implementing the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Teaching various coding and robotics for children age 8 -14
- Reviewing existing coding and robotics learning tools and activities
- Develop new resources and lesson plans.
- Utilizing various robotic educational tools and applications to convey coding and robotics concepts in a simple and accessible manner for young learners.
- Ensuring safety for all kids in the online classroom and activities
- Providing feedback of each student and communicating with parents to identify and resolve issues to ensure fun and interactivity and engaging learning experiences
- Building enthusiasm among kids in STEAM education.
- Applicants with experience in Web Development may be asked to work on improving MCC website
- Work on Social Media Campaigns such as live streams, podcasts, video tutorials, and posters.
View our website at www.mcode.club
Industry: Education and Schools
Reference ID: Computer Training Instructor
Contract length: 2-8 months
Part-time hours: 6-25 per week
Application deadline: 2020-06-10
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
Due to COVID-19, our main operations will remain remote until we deem necessary, however, we may ask you to come to our labs from time to time.
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- Python: 1 year (Preferred)
- HTML: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Required)