Kiewit is hiring Heavy Equipment Operators for the Trans Mountain Expansion Project located in Hope, BC. In this position, operators will be responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- 10 hours a day, overtime may be required
- 14/7 rotation with paid flights
We are looking for operators who are experienced and skilled on one or more of the following equipment:
- Excavator – Must be able to bulk excavate and load truck. Must have sloping and ditching experience. Must have knowledge of GPS on equipment. Must be competent in working in rock and dirt, must have experience working in different terrains from flat to steep. Must be able to read grade stakes.
- Dozer – Must have finish grade dozer experience. Must be familiar with GPS on equipment. Must be able to bulk embank and cut grade to within 25mm tolerance and place gravel for final grade construction. Must be able to read grade stakes, stripping topsoil, cuts, and fills, working with rock trucks, working with legal hauls.
- Rock Truck - Must be able to run 40 ton and 60-ton rock truck and have experience on the CAT, Komatsu, and Volvo.
- Grader - Grader- must be able to run M series grader, working with and without trucks, maintain haul roads, and placing fill.
- Minimum 5 years' experience operating heavy equipment such as excavator, dozer, grader, and/or rock truck
- Must have experience working around utilities
- Must be able to work in tight congested areas while utilizing spotters
- Must have steep slope experience
- Experience in oil and gas, pipeline, heavy civil and/or road building industries preferred
- Valid class 5 (or higher) driver's license with clean abstract is required
- Please list all valid safety tickets on resume
- Upon an offer, all candidates must be able to pass a pre-access Drug and Alcohol and Fit for Work test
The Trans Mountain Expansion Project includes Spread 5B pipeline construction, located in the Coquihalla – Hope region of British Columbia. The Spread 5B project is a Kiewit and Bonatti partnership, which includes the construction of approximately 85 km of pipeline.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2019 revenues of $10.3 billion and 2020 revenues of $12.5 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial, and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 27,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride, and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time