ORIGINAL JOE'S RESTAURANT & BAR
At Original Joe's, we’re the bar next door everyone wishes they had. A warm, down-to-earth place where old friends gather, new friends are made, and everyone feels welcome. From the wide selection of local, craft, and import beers to our fresh take on comfort foods, nobody leaves unsatisfied. So pull up a stool and stay awhile – you’ll like hanging out with us!
Line / Prep Cook
What You’ll Do:
You will report to the Kitchen Manager (although this may vary from time to time depending who is on shift). You will:
- Promptly and efficiently fill orders according to bill flow.
- Run various pieces of kitchen equipment, time the steps in each dish and know the cooking requirements of each dish.
- Be knowledgeable about menu items, menus changes and food preparation procedures to ensure a remarkably consistent guest experience.
- Consistently prepare ingredients, garnishes, sauces, etc. to spec.
- Quickly resolve complaints about food preparation or quality.
- Ensure safe food handling procedures are followed 100% of the time.
- Prepare items to meet guest requests and prepare support items as required.
- Control waste and to work to high efficiency with food ingredients.
- Proactively refill the line with ingredients / condiments / supplies.
- Follow a clean as you go mantra to ensure that the kitchen area is always clean and orderly.
- Be knowledgeable regarding allergy policies and procedures to ensure that guests are not at risk of allergic reactions.
- Work each shift with a safety mindset. Be proactive in regards to front of the house and back of the house safety (food safety, potential hazards for employees or guests).
- Live our core value: Taking Care of People.
Who You Are:
- You are a genuine and vibrant team player.
- You might have experience in the service / hospitality industry. Previous back of house experience would be nice but isn’t required. We will consider the right person, with the right attitude who can back-up their abilities through previous work, or involvement in teams (school, work or sports).
- You pride yourself on your ability to learn new skills, your ability to work efficiently and effectively, your reliability and your ability to keep your cool even during the busiest shifts.
- You are able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks without skipping a beat.
- You are solution focused and resourceful – you are proactive and take the initiative to find resolutions to situations.
- You are easily coachable and see feedback as an opportunity to keep improving your skills and abilities.
- You are able to safely and repetitively lift items weighted similar to a bag of potatoes.
- You are able to stand for long periods of time.
- You might have future aspirations to be employed as Store Management or in our Corporate team.
Location: 801 15 Street East, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time