Our company is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic individual to fill out a "Payroll" position.
If you are ready for a new challenge, then we’d like to hear from you.
This role requires excellent capabilities as payroll generalist, and an ability to juggle with multiple stakeholders and requests on a regular basis.
More specifically, this position involves the following responsibilities:
- Assist with processing the preparation and processing of payroll including responding to questions or employee issues, PTO/sick pay inquiries, including related government remittances;
- Help to maintain employee records in HRIS, new documentation and data files are complete including but not limited to new hires, moves, promotions, terminations, and administration.
- Assisting with preparing the administration of benefits, disability and work-related injuries including reconciling vendor invoices and submitting for payment, preparing and mailing benefit information, enrolling employees online with vendors and making changes to coverage as needed (including terminations).
- Investigating and resolving payroll issues;
- Creating and running reports for review and reporting purposes;
- Supporting the new hire process to assist hiring managers with all documents and field questions from employees regarding pay and benefits.
- Updating and maintaining folders for Payroll functions;
- Respond to employment and other employee verification requests;
- Other related payroll activities as assigned.
Work experience and qualifications
- Canadian Payroll Certification ( CPA) or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position with .
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent experience in creating reports using Excel.
- Experience in a complex multi-company environment. Must have experience working in a 24/7 manufacturing environment both in a unionized and non-unionized workplace.
- Knowledge of payroll/HR processing systems such as ADP and Ceridian.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Able to communicate with stakeholders at different levels.
- Demonstrate judgment, initiative, autonomy and discretion.
- Must have a well-developed capacity to adapt and ability to manage priorities and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain constructive professional relationships.
We offer a stimulating environment .
Temporary, full-time position ( 30 hrs.+)
Start date: TBD
Work location: Ville St-Laurent ( in front of Place Vertu Shopping Center) is the primary place of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and has been employed for the sole purpose of simplifying the text.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Canadian Payroll Association ( CPA) (Preferred)