Operations and Maintenance Manager
The Manager of Concierge/ Operations/Cleaning and Maintenance is responsible to the Property Manager and the Board of Directors for the operational and preventive maintenance of a large luxury Condominium building. The Manager is also accountable for overseeing and ensuring the highest level of customer service through the concierge and security team in addition to the oversight of cleanliness of the property. These responsibilities include the day-to-day operation of the building and the optimal operations of its mechanical, electrical, security, fire alarm, elevator, hallway ventilation, sprinkler, heating and cooling systems. Other duties include the management of ground maintenance, garage maintenance and administrative systems necessary for effective building operation.
- Ensure all electrical, mechanical, cooling, heating and safety systems are inspected, maintained and repaired in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of all systems in the building and a formal written preventive maintenance plan.
- Respond to and address owner and resident concerns in a timely, responsive and respectful manner.
- Accountable for the attractive appearance and appealing atmosphere of the building including cleanliness, organization and good repair.
· Be familiar with all emergency, fire and building evacuation plans and procedures, and provide assistance to officials as required in managing emergency situations;
· Uphold a safe, secure work environment to ensure requirements of the Corporation and Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced
- One-Three years’ experience in operations and / or maintenance of a Residential /Multi-Unit or commercial building or similar maintenance scope.
- Experience in managing multiple suppliers, service providers and sub-contractors.
Skills / Knowledge:
· Technical and/or system expertise including mechanical, electrical, inspection and maintenance management.
· Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and manuals
· Computer skills including ability to use various information systems to support maintenance as well as a working knowledge of email and MS Office.
· Working knowledge of Building Systems.
· Understanding of quote requests and contracts.
· Competency in general property maintenance.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with a demonstrated level of professionalism.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse group of owners and stakeholders
- Responsive, proactive, collaborative and flexible work style
- Well-developed organization and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to manage competing deadlines
· The Manager will be on-site Monday through Friday from 8:30 am through 4:30 pm.
The Operations and Maintenance Manager will also be accessible after regular business hours and on weekends (except when on vacation) to respond and address all building emergencies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $44,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person