Do you want to make a positive contribution to your family, the environment and our community? VG Meats is dedicated to producing high quality, healthy foods through sustainable farming practices. A fourth-generation family business, we produce tenderness tested beef, pork and pastured poultry that our customers love. We're looking for people who share our dedication and vision.
A Retail Sales Team Member is responsible for all sales activities and sales associate job duties, from greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions and providing product information. Individual responsibilities may include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise, assisting in the display of merchandise or organizing the selling floor and stock areas, packaging meat products, inventory, sanitation, keeping a clean workplace, plus more. A Retail Sales Team Member must process payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit cards. Must also be able to deal with customer refunds courteously and professionally. Maintaining a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting the store’s commitment to our customers. Developing product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer. Staying current with promotional events and sales.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficient in verbal and written English language
- Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- BS degree in Marketing or related field would be a plus
Retail Sales Associate top skills & proficiencies:
- Written and Verbal Communication
VG Meats is an equal opportunity employer and accommodation will be provided during the interviewing and hiring processes.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 per hour
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Stoney Creek, ON (Preferred)