Job Posting #:
Health Care Aide 9(10 POSITIONS)
Casual/Relief (6-12 weeks)
Rate of Pay:
$23.24 - $23.88
Internal employees must apply by midnight on March 31, 2020.
Joseph Brant Hospital is pleased to offer the opportunity an exciting role where the skillset you have acquired in your post-secondary health professions education can be maintained and developed during this period of school closure. Working in the hospital environment as a temporary casual, part-time or full time Health Care Assistant where you will be assigned to support a skilled team of experienced team of health disciplines
As a member of the health care team, the Health Care Assistant provides limited direct patient care under the immediate supervision and direction of the registered health care team. The Health Care Assistant will be assigned to a care team and assist with basic activities of daily living and/or observational care. The Health Care Assistant will provide basic support for the Nursing team while having the opportunity to work in the hospital environment and develop professional relationships with the interdisciplinary team, patients and families.
- Health profession student with successful completion of all second year Nursing or Allied Health profession.
- Familiarity with computer applications or willingness to learn computer skills as required
- Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, teamwork skills
- Demonstrated initiative and judgment appropriate for the position
- Ability to accept assignment or delegated functions
- Ability to set priorities and organize work accordingly
- Ability to deal with various hospital departments effectively and collaboratively
- Ability to lift using appropriate techniques and bend, push and pull using good body mechanics
- A good attendance and work record is essential
HOURS OF WORK
Days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.