In partnership with Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver, Shelter Ridge Build and Design is pleased to offer the opportunity for a position of Construction Site Supervisor at the upcoming Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver townhouse Project in Mission,BC.
Reports to: Construction Project Manager. Interacts with Construction Project Manager, Vice President of Construction of Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver.
Primary responsibility: The Site Supervisor will work Monday-Friday with a potential for occasional Saturdays, on townhouse construction. This is a full time contract position, 40 hours per week 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. The contract is for 2 1/2 years (mid 2022)
· Manages and coordinates all activity on the construction site
· Interacts with everyone who comes onto the site
· Responsible for the organization of the site: materials, equipment, etc.
· Responsible for housekeeping, recycling, and storage
· Prepares the work site for volunteer workdays
· Makes lists of tasks for every house, and uses the lists to assign tasks to volunteers
· Organizes tools and materials before and after workdays
· Greets volunteers and provides orientation before work shifts on safety, Habitat overview, site particulars, and construction tasks for the day
· Assigns tasks to volunteers based on skill levels and aptitude
· Demonstrates the necessary skills volunteers need to do their assigned tasks
· Continually encourages and nurtures volunteers during the work period
· Sets high standards for volunteers
· Provides first aid as necessary
· Communicates volunteer needs to the Construction Project Manager and Vice President of Construction
· Communicates with Project Manager to schedule delivery of materials
· Checks deliveries against purchase orders and communicates with Project Manager
· Secures materials against theft and damage from weather and heavy equipment
· Stores lumber and other materials to resist warping or spoilage
· Stores materials in a logical fashion to promote efficiency and safety
· Communicates with other staff to coordinate and schedule trades
· Supports trades by having worksite clean and fully ready
· Reports status of subcontracted work to Project Manager
· Checks readiness of all work for inspections
· Coordinates scheduling of inspections
· Accompanies inspectors during inspections when possible
· Cooperates with inspectors to make corrections as quickly as possible
· Provides quality control for all work to meet Green Building specifications
· Accompanies third-party inspectors during inspections, when possible
· Make corrections as warranted
· Involves homeowners in construction
· Helps homeowners develop basic skills
· Directs homeowners to appropriate staff members when questions arise
· Assists homeowners after move-in with minor repairs
· Communicates progress to other staff
· Consults with Project Manager to keep construction on schedule
· Allots resources of labor and equipment to stay on schedule
· Consistently represent Habitat’s mission and purpose
· Motivated by achievement of goals, quick learner, self-directed, self-starter—capable of working both independently and interdependently with a team
· Handle multiple tasks with high attention to detail and accuracy
· Remain flexible and adjust priorities as needed
· Exercise mature, discreet judgment—capable of making independent and effective decisions and work without close supervision
· Use discretion when dealing with sensitive or confidential matters
· Comfortable with working with variety of individuals and maintaining good relations with all stakeholders
· Willing and able to perform all tasks of residential construction, including warranty work
· Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, priorities. set priorities, meet deadlines, and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting
· Strong team player with demonstrated ability to manage personnel.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with volunteers, providing exceptional customer service at all times.
· High level of proficiency with carpentry and all other aspects of residential home construction.
· At least three years managing commercial or residential construction; proficiency in managing a range of different types of projects from new construction to home rehabilitation to exterior painting/repairs.
· Valid First Aid or willingness to be trained, OFA level 2
· Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in individual and group settings.
· Basic computer skills, to include proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as
email and internet operations and either skills or ability to work with Sitedocs and Procore.
· Previous experience with Habitat, residential contracting and some
technical/vocational education are all highly preferred.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent. Length of contract is 21/2 years (mid 2022)
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- Managing Commercial or Residential Construction: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)