Position : Third Party Administration Coordinator
Closing Date : Open Until Filled
Type : Relief
Location : Lower Mainland
Nature of Work : Weekdays
Posting #3 : 2310-082020 (in the bargaining unit)
We are a human rights and social services charitable not-for-profit agency for women, girls, and children affected by the justice system.
Elizabeth Fry Society is committed to the belief that people are willing and able to take responsibility for their own lives if provided with the resources, opportunities and skills to do so. We value working together with others who are committed to equality, fairness, and opportunity for those we serve.
EFry helps both female and male clients access the government financial support to which they are entitled. Third Party Administration clients cannot receive these services from government offices due to behavioural issues or their need for high levels of support and case management. EFry tailors our support to each client’s individual circumstances, with the goal of helping them meet the criteria necessary to reinstate their direct access to government services.
Working with people with mental health issues and addictions, the Third Party Administration Coordinator accepts referrals from the Ministry of Social Development and, in turn, interviews, assesses and makes suitable recommendations to the client to assist them. Acts as a third party for the administration of social assistance and the transference of documents and information.
· Accepts referrals from the Ministry of Social Development and, in turn, interviews, assesses and makes suitable recommendations to the client to assist them.
· Works with clients to develop personal management skills including money management and self-care.
· Builds positive relationships, advocates on behalf of clients and makes referrals for housing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 4 years university or college or combination of post-secondary education in a social services related field and relevant experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Excellent interpersonal behaviour and good English communication skills both written and verbal
· Strong organizational, advocacy and time management skills
· Ability to accept abusive behaviour due to addictions and/or mental health issues and respond in an appropriate manner.
· Crisis management, de-escalation skills are essential as clients may potentially be aggressive
· Understanding of community based programs and Ministry regulations regarding entitlements
· Knowledge of social assistance services as provided by the Ministry of Social Development
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
· Standard First Aid with CPR-C (training may be provided)
· Doctor’s note of medical fitness required
· Local Police search and Provincial Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Clearance required
· Valid BC driver’s license and access to a vehicle
· Satisfactory driver’s abstract
Efry actively promotes a program of equity and equal opportunity to ensure equal access to employment opportunity for all persons.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Reference ID: 2310-082020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- social services : 1 year (Preferred)