Position Title: 1v1 Tutor
Location: This job is remote. Headquarter – Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Type: Part-Time
Students: High school - Graduate students
Subject/Specialization: Advanced Economics
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Conduct online lectures (Live) with well-prepared course plans including clear learning objectives, course materials, suitable learning modules, etc.
· Work with students to help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the classroom.
· Assist students with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, research and other academic tasks
· Interact intensively with students for Q&A, enhancing their understanding of course materials.
· Collaborate with students, school administrators to determine student needs, identify the area of improvements, develop teaching plans, and assess students’ progress.
· Provide students positive and constructive feedback.
Qualifications and skills:
· Bachelor's degree is required.
· Major in Economics is preferred
· English and Mandarin are required.
· Ability to teach university students and create customized course materials catered to each student’s needs.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team.
· Thorough knowledge of a specific academic subject and expertise in test preparation.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly explain challenging concepts, provide instructions and deliver feedbacks.
· Creativity and flexibility in order to personalize learning approach for individual student.
· Patience and compassion for students as they develop skills and improve their performance. Ability to motivate and encourage students to improve their academic performance.
· Have access to a computer with a reliable internet connection.
· Have iPad/Surface/other digital writing pads is preferred for courses involving intensive writing and drawing, like Mathematics.
· Tutoring experience in university/college or high school is preferred.
· one-on-one tutoring experience is preferred.
· Competitive salary
· Flexible schedule
· Work from your comfortable home
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $30.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
remote interview process
- tutoring: 1 year (Preferred)