Job Title: Administrative Support Agent, Class I (Replacement)
Reference number: S-18-19-1535
Job Category (Job Alert): Administrative Support
Department: Services for Students
Services: Student Development and Activities
Immediate Supervisor's Name: Christina Cichon
Position Status: Full-time Replacement
Length of the contract: Approximately, until 03/15/21
Work Location: Vanier College
Work Schedule: Please see below for more details
External Posting Start Date: 2019-06-21
External Posting End Date and Time: 2019-07-02 17:00
Salary Scale: $20.76 - $23.22
Expected Start Date: 2019-07-22
In accordance with its Employment Equity Program and the Quebec government’s Equity law, Vanier College encourages applications from qualified men and women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
If you wish to do so, you are invited to indicate whether you are a member of one of the above groups.
Reporting to the Director of Services for Students, the Administrative Support Agent, Class I is responsible for the efficient administrative operations of the Service and provides clerical and secretarial support to the Director and other sectors of the service.
More specifically, but not limited to, the Administrative Support Agent, Class I:
Provides clerical and organizational support, related to:
- Outreach activities, social media, publicity (flyers, posters, etc);
- Intake of students, following up student volunteer hours;
- Following up on community service hours;
- Disciplinary documentation, to the services of Counseling, Access, Student Advocacy, Financial Aid, Social Service Office, and Student Development (Student Life and Activities, and Sustainability);
- Receives and directs students to appropriate services;
- Provides Information to Students;
- Schedules appointments for the professionals;
- Posts on Student Services Vanier pages, Omnivox, Intercom, and Dynamic Boards;
- Complies and formats data for Department (minutes from meetings, from surveys, department newsletter, etc);
- Prepares work orders and purchasing requests;
- Performs verification work (reconciling chargebacks from Coop and printing), and sees to the control of payments;
- Ensures exact record-keeping and file management for the service;
- Management of the lockers dossier including arranging for cleaning, repairs, etc;
- Acts as liaison with STM to ensure services for students (OPUS);
- Assists with organizing meetings, convenes participants and prepares the necessary files;
- Trains new office staff about the administrative and general operations of the service;
- Assists in the activities of Department of Services for Students as required.
Other related tasks which fall within the scope of the classification of this position may be assigned.
Schedule: Monday from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Approximately: Until March 15, 2021, or until the return of the incumbent
Classification: Agent de Soutien Administratif, Class I (Remplacement) (Administrative Support Agent, Class I (Replacement)
- To have a diploma of vocational studies (DEP) with appropriate speciality or a secondary school diploma (DES) or have a diploma or an attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority;
- At least 1 year of pertinent experience.
Conditions related to the specific position:
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word (to be tested);
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel (to be tested);
- Strong English and French oral and written communication skills (to be tested);
- Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to problem solve and work accurately with detailed information (to be tested);
- Knowledge of Clara would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Canva would be an asset.
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, please be sure to attach a new resume.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory, please be sure to attach yours.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your file by attaching your CV in order for your application to be considered.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
****PLEASE APPLY VIA VANIER ONLINE IN ORDER FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED***: https://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/human-resources/jobs/
****PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT INTERNAL EMPLOYEES HAVE A PRIORITY***
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Montréal, QC (Preferred)