MILLER TAVERN BAY STREET is currently hiring SERVER ASSISTANTS to join our FOH team!
The MILLER TAVERN BAY STREET, a staple in the heart of the financial district, reveres tradition and reads classic American tavern. Market fresh dishes from the land and the sea are complemented by an extensive collection of spirits, a robust wine list featuring French and American vintages as well as expertly mixed classic cocktails. The MILLER TAVERN welcomes guests with its warm hospitality and unparalleled service for lunch, dinner and brunch on the weekend.
We are looking for hardworking, dedicated SERVER ASSISTANTS. This position is responsible for assisting the Server in creating memorable dining experiences. The SERVER ASSISTANT is an integral role, often acting as a bridge between the FOH and BOH, as well as the server and the guest. If you are an energetic go-getter, we'd love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist servers with food delivery, table maintenance and overall customer service
- Arrange and set tables and chairs, according to floor plan and reservations
- Respond to guests' inquiries, informing management of any comments and/or concerns
- Assist host greet and seat guests, if required
- Ensure the server station is adequately stocked with necessary restaurant supplies
- Perform end of shift cleanup duties and ensure the next shift is set up for success
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Enjoys working with people and finds fulfillment in assisting others, while working towards the common goal
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is driven by a sense of urgency
- Must have the ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Solid team player who understands the importance of each member
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Flexible schedule availability, including weekends and holidays, if required
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Competitive Wages
- Discounts at all Scale Hospitality Group Restaurants
- Corporate Goodlife Fitness Rates
- FUN Team and Culture
- Training, Development and Education Reimbursement
SCALE HOSPITALITY GROUP recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.25 per hour
COVID screening process in place for employees; all customers are required to wear a mask; take-out available.
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada and do you have a valid SIN?
- Are you able to work in the Toronto area?