It’s an exciting time to join Patent Seekers Research Inc! We are a rapidly growing global leader in Patent and Design Research services to Patent attorneys in private practice and in-house at high tech corporations around the world.
Patent Seekers is based out of Toronto and the United Kingdom. The new office in Toronto and the addition of a new product offering will allow us to significantly grow our North American operations creating many new Toronto-based jobs.
At Patent Seekers, we are committed to the following guiding principles: Customer service, research quality, employee development and customer service. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
The Scientific Researcher (Intellectual Property Analyst) is an integral part of the Intellectual Property Research Team. This individual will support our IP team to perform patent research (including researching technology areas for patentability, freedom to operate, Invalidity and State of Art). The IP Analyst will work both independently and collaboratively with the IP team and will receive full training on various aspects of Intellectual Property.
The ideal candidate has good Presentation, communication and writing skills, is able to research and review complex subject matter, and works well within a team environment to complete cases in exacting standards within the customer specified deadlines.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Conduct patent and design research using both free as well as commercial tools
- Work as part of search team
- Liaise with customers for IP related enquiries
- Support sales lead for demonstrations of database
- Attend events in the N. America
What you bring to the team
- You will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering (Physics, Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Software)
- Interested in learning about intellectual property
- Motivated self-starter with a hands-on approach and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to join our rapidly expanding organisation
- Good prospects for advancement
- Excellent opportunities for learning and development
- Downtown office in great location
- Health care
We encourage you to apply directly with your CV and transcript.
Patent Seekers Research Inc is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $34,000.00 to $46,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)