The Bargains Group Ltd
890 Caledonia Road
Toronto, Ontario M6B 3Y1
Order Entry & Shipping Coordinator
VP of Operations
The Bargains Group is an award winning, entrepreneurial Canadian, owned and operated company, which has been growing
constantly for over 25 years. We like to think of ourselves as Bargain Idea Generators. Our dedicated and caring BG family provides
retailers, companies, individuals, schools, organizations, associations and non-profits with quality merchandise and custom logoed
promotional products at wholesale bargain prices. We are innovative and love making our clients happy at a bargain, and believe in
being socially responsible.
Learn more about the Bargains Group at:
We are currently seeking an Order Entry & Shipping Coordinator to join our BG family on a 12 month renewable contract.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Order Entry & Shipping Coordinator will be responsible overseeing the order and shipping
process while providing necessary support to sales team and warehouse staff. You are someone who understands the unique
challenges of shipping a wide variety of inventory all across Canada, but also enjoys the opportunity to speak directly with clients. You
are professional and results driven, yet light-hearted and fun. You possess exceptional attention to detail and exceed people’s
expectations on a regular basis, while seeking continual improvement.
Essential Skills and Key Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Efficiently enter purchase orders with complete accuracy.
- Manage the entire order process, including order entry, shipping costs & dates, and quality control.
- Liaise between sales department and warehouse staff regarding out and inbound orders.
- Writing up credit card authorization forms and contacting vendors with all necessary information.
- Researching shipping quotes from various freight companies and couriers.
- Contacting vendors for freight-in charges.
- Superior customer service, including-but not limited to-assisting with order pick-ups, shipment tracking, invoice requests, card
authorizations, and contacting customers with order information.
- General filing of invoices with matching purchase orders.
- Generating weekly sales reports for sales team and management.
- Completing daily summaries of inventory shipped.
- Running financial reports as required.
- General office duties as required.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Post-secondary education preferred or one to three (1 -3) years’ experience and proven success in an administrative position.
- Experience with Business Vision preferred, or MYOB, ACCPAC, or QuickBooks.
- Experience with shipping software applications.
- Fantastic administrative and organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly personable with exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written.
- Proficient with Windows based PCs, and experience with MS Office suite.
- Success working in a team environment.
All interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bargains Group is an equal
opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in
accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.