We are a steel and metal coil distribution and processing company located in Southwestern Ontario. Our primary focus is supplying steel to automotive companies, but our business model is quite varied. We have an immediate need for an Operations Manager to join our team.
Our company focuses on the exceptional delivery of products and services to our customers, and we are relentless in the pursuit of this goal. This is accomplished through a team of committed and highly talented people who work in an interdependent, supportive and highly cross-functional manner. This role requires a leadership mentality involving both personal discipline, work standards and work ethic, as well as a true willingness to help all team members be successful.
Coilplus operates in an environment both in the plant and office of Safety, Accuracy and Productivity, where employee safety is always our first concern. Adherence and belief in these principles must be aligned with your nature to be successful at our company.
If you value being an important part of a team where you are relied upon to manage your department and processes while also being supportive of all of the company and team member’s needs, then Coilplus Canada Inc might be a great place for you to work!
We are located in Ingersoll ON, a short drive from Woodstock, Tillsonburg and London. Southwestern Ontario provides an affordable and wonderful place to live, and our company provides a stable and positive workplace, which has an open and inclusive culture. Coilplus is an equal opportunity employer.
If you feel this role might be of interest, please immediately forward your CV.
Thanks for your interest in Coilplus Canada Inc!
TITLE/POSITION: Operations Manager
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
Work in a managerial role with responsibilities for the Warehouse, Logistics and Processing departments.
The Plant Manager will ensure and improve the quality (of processes and products), safety, reliability, morale, compliance, and cost of operations of the plant and logistics operations of CPCI.
The Plant Manager will represent Coilplus and its shareholders at all times in a professional and ethical manner to both its internal and external stakeholders.
This role has the authority to stop production of shipments relating to non-conforming material
1. Ensure that our operations and logistics departments consistently operate safely and in 100% compliance with all company, corporate and legal Health and Safety rules.
2. Enforce Coilplus Canada Code of Conduct as well as other company and corporate policies in a fair and consistent manner to all staff.
3. Define, understand and manage the capacity of the production, logistics and warehouse effectively.
4. Ensure all service providers are on the approved vendor list.
5. Ensure all service providers understand, accept and are able to meet CPCI’s customers’ needs and track their performance.
6. Ensure that our operations team operates free of harassment of any kind.
7. Ensure 100% compliance with Procedures and work instructions (work accuracy).
8. Enforce housekeeping requirements.
9. Ensure monthly 5S Audits.
10. Optimize material flow, storage utilization and all operational efficiencies.
11. Monitor and champion warehouse facilities, consumables, and capital requirements.
12. Drive for zero warehouse attributable damage.
13. Drive knowledge and understand of, and ensure all operations (processes and staff) consistently work to, our operating culture.
14. Ensure and improve our maintenance (PPM) programs.
15. Ensure all customer needs, including special characteristics, are understood and communicated effectively to operations, warehousing and logistics.
16. Ensure there are no Wrong Material Shipment
17. Ensure 100% on-time delivery.
18. Initiate and drive CIT projects in all areas of operations and logistics
19. Full Human Resource functions for operations and logistics, including staff evaluation, hiring, coaching and discipline
20. Ensure on-time staff scheduling.
21. Ensure staff training is always current (Training Matrix) and implement a cross-training plan.
22. Ensuring all employees function productively, without ever compromising safety or accuracy.
23. Compliance to all ESA, WSIB, other legal, corporate and company requirements.
24. On-Time Daily and Monthly reporting (KPI’s, incident reports, special reporting requirements etc.) for both internal, external and corporate needs.
25. Ensure all NCR’s and preventative or corrective actions are resolved/executed/documented/communicated within the plant and logistics departments.
26. Manage all maintenance safety and regulatory issues pertaining to Coilplus Canada trucks and trailers, ensuring 100% compliance.
27. Participate in Coilplus Plant Managers Meetings.
28. Execute all CAPEX projects.
29. Ensure that a succession plan is enabled for all critical reports.
30. Ensure that an operational business continuity plan is enabled and executable.
31. Ensure operations follow IATF and other quality system directives.
32. Other duties and roles as assigned.
University or College Degree; 5 years in a similar, management position, preferably in the processing or operations related field (Steel or Auto supply preferred).
Able to operate a personal computer and other office equipment. Able to communicate. Able to work safely and effectively in production environments.
Reports to: President
Subordinate Reports: Production Manager, All operations Supervisors, Customer Service and Logistics Lead, all operations personnel.
Office environment and exposure to manufacturing/warehousing plant environments, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
- operations management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)