The Order Picker/Shipper is responsible for the prompt and accurate assembly of orders with strong attention to detail, knowledge of the company’s product and product availability. The Order Picker/Shipper will be responsible for ensuring accurate and seamless outgoing shipments; may be required to assist in the scheduling of freight appointments. The Order Picker/Shipper will be required to follow all safe work policies and procedures and work to maintain a clean warehouse environment. The Order Picker/Shipper must understand the impact of this position to other company functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing orders. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Read orders to determine items picked and shipped
- Move items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place product on racks, shelves, or in bins
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employees.
- Prepare customer orders by pulling from product from stock, packing items accurately for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements.
- Assist in the inspection of product to ensure saleable condition.
- Weigh and count items to ensure order accuracy.
- Prepare necessary shipping documentation for outgoing shipments.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Assist in keeping the warehouse and work area organized at all times.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Participates in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
- Assist in keeping the warehouse clean for the purpose of maintaining a safe and work area.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, stock etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cambridge (Preferred)