CBO, a proud team member of KF Aerospace Defence Programs, provides a wide variety of Support Services to our client, the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF). We’re looking for a permanent full-time Groundskeeper / Heavy Equipment Operator (G/HEO) to join our Southport, MB team.
The G/HEO is responsible for assisting with the maintenance of company and property grounds. The individual uses a variety of tools and heavy machinery to ensure that the property and grounds remain neat, clean and safe at all times. Some overtime and weekend work may be required.
Essential job functions
- Adhere to safety standards and company policies when operating machinery and other equipment
- Escort contractors on airside as required
- Check and report runway braking co-efficient using a decelerometer
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of equipment and shop area
- Work collaboratively with other departments
- Ensure snow and ice removal on airside and around KF-occupied buildings, sidewalks and parking lots
- Roll and dye mark helicopter landing/training sites
- Check and report runway conditions in concert with SNIC operations
- Clear snow from weather compound
- Prepare personal timesheets and complete work orders in a timely fashion
- General maintenance duties and other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications & Training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Customer service and detail oriented
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Bending and lifting required; lifting up to 50lbs
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times with fellow employees, vendors, sub-contractors and clients
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must already hold an Enhanced Reliability Clearance or be eligible to obtain one. Approval of security clearance by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate is a condition of employment
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license; on-the-job training will be provided for an Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP) and Airport Radio License
Ready to apply? Submit a cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications. Applications will be accepted on an equal basis, however, failure to submit a cover letter and resume may result in the rejection of your application. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your application prior to close of business on 24 May 2019.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Canadian Base Operators encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Representative.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- groundskeeping: 1 year (Required)
- heavy equipment operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 (Required)