La Cocina Foods is currently hiring hard working, success-driven individuals looking for a long-term career in the unique world of food production. The successful candidate will join the La Cocina production team, in Ste. Anne, MB and help produce the world’s best corn tortillas and tortilla chips.
A proven hard worker
An aspiring leader
Someone who takes pride in your work
Ready to learn a lot about the food industry
If this sounds like you and you are highly motivated, you will do well at La Cocina Foods.
Make top level wages
Be trained for many different positions
Expand your knowledge of work skills, leadership, and food safety
Have opportunity for advancement
Get all the free chips you can eat!
La Cocina Foods also offers great perks. These include a flexible health benefit plans after 6 months, annual new shoe program, two weeks vacation after the first year, paid breaks, and working with excellent people in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Make delicious and high-quality tortilla products
· Operate packaging and food processing equipment
· Follow food safety protocols and keep production area clean
· Perform all assigned duties in a safe and productive manner
· Complete required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
· Strive to meet shift production goals
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
· Speak, read and write English fluently
· Prior food handling or production experience is an asset, but not required
· Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable vehicle to get to work
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. periodically throughout the day
· Must be able to perform frequent bending, twisting, kneeling and squatting
· Must be able to perform frequent reaching over shoulder, waist level, and from the floor
· Must be flexible to work all shifts, overtime as required
· Team leadership experience is an asset, but not required
Starting wage will be negotiable depending on applicant qualifications. Please submit your resume with cover letter.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Discounted or Free Food
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off