Sightline is looking for a strong candidate to fill the position of Production Manager. The chosen candidate will join a fast paced team of application specialists and engineers dedicated to developing our quality inspection products.
Primary functions of the Production Manager role include:
- Coordinate plant activities to ensure manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a cost-effective manner while meeting on-time-delivery requirements (job scheduling)
- Schedule workforce (vacations, coverage for unplanned absences, overtime, coordination with other departments)
- Control and minimize labor overtime. Must not exceed budgetary restrictions.
- Coordinate the day to day production tasks of direct reports, ensuring deadlines are met
- Provide leadership & training to manufacturing staff, in line with company goals and objectives
- Provide annual review of staff members to review performance and development needs
- Review, create and update manufacturing work instructions
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Uphold quality standards and policies
- Ensure inventory accuracy by abiding to policies and procedures
- Work with engineering and applications departments to resolve technical issues
- Coordinate with company safety representative or committee to ensuring the production environment and team members are always operating safely
- Maintain existing production tools and equipment, replace or make adjustments to when necessary, within budget constraints
- Manage and comply with local regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate on cost reduction, and process improvement projects.
- Timely and effective communication with general manager on key production issues that impact safety, quality, cost, or lead times
- Oversee shipping and receiving
- Post Secondary Education in Electrical Engineering Technology or related field
- 10+ years of experience in electrical/mechanical manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated hands-on electromechanical troubleshooting skills for quick resolution of production floor issues
- Manufacturing floor supervisory experience with the ability to direct work assignments, set priorities, delegate tasks, analyze situations and make qualified decisions
- Previous experience planning and executing production schedules for complex electromechanical products
- Knowledgeable in best practices related to manufacturing and inventory control
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), database and ERP software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Expected start date: 2020-11-23
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
As part of our Covid safe protocol we have twice-daily sanitizing of common areas as well as utilization of physical spacing where possible. We also have clear plexi barriers installed when 6ft cannot be maintained between workspaces.
- supervisory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)