Cestar College is seeking a full-time coordinator for our academic services group. This position is responsible for managing all academic services provided through our faculty in business, hospitality and IT programs.
- Supervise the instructional group on a day-to-day basis, including troubleshooting on academic issues
- Prepare course schedules for each term to ensure compliance with college documentation for programs and courses
- Supervise changes to instructor teaching hours and schedules and ensure accurate compensation for all such changes
- Ensure application and accurate interpretation of all college academic policies and procedures
- Oversee the preparation of classroom allocation documents and academic calendars for each term for all programs and courses
- Provide to instructors information and resources on student academic issues, such as tutoring requests and discipline procedures
- Provide support to instructors on technology-related issues (e.g. LMS, IT and database)
- Collaborate with Manager of Academic Quality on the development and ongoing maintenance of hybrid course materials
- Monitor the completion and submission of instructor documentation and student assessments
- Provide expertise and advice in the development, formulation, and review of the academic policy.
- Support and assist staff in the implementation and application of the College’s academic policies, procedures and practices.
- Promote and support college-wide development of capabilities in self-assessment, maintaining current knowledge and expertise in quality assurance through self-assessment and external evaluation and review.
- Provide expertise and advice that supports the development and maintenance of good practice in teaching and learning, including assessment practices.
- Provide advice and support in the areas of qualification, programme and course development and maintenance.
- Monitor and ensure the college meets the moderation requirements of external quality assurance and standards-setting bodies.
- Provide expert advice to, and support the activities of the college’s academic committees and forums.
- To provide expertise, advice and support in the implementation and application of the institute’s policies, procedures and practices in these areas:
- The development of new qualifications, programs of study and courses
- Amendments to already approved programs and courses
- Establishing and maintaining program and course documentation
- Teaching and learning practices
- Assessment practices, including the moderation of assessment, both internal and external
- To provide leadership, expertise and guidance in the institute’s self-assessment practices and activities by:
- Advising staff in all areas of the institute, teaching and non-teaching, on approaches and practices in self-assessment
- Promoting best practice in self-assessment
- University undergraduate degree
- Experience teaching in a post-secondary institution
- Experience in educational administration, particularly scheduling, and supervision and support of faculty
- Work experience in a business environment strongly preferred
- Experience working with a learning management system (especially Moodle) preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with online/hybrid courses and programs
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with students, faculty and administration
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as communication (written and oral), skills
Location: Toronto; 265 Yorkland Boulevard (temporarily working from home due to Covid-19)
If you are interested and qualified, please send a cover letter and resume in confidence.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Wellness programs
- Subsidised gym membership
- Education reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19