Cable Wiring Technician
Rushnet Communications Inc.
Vancouver Island, BC
Energetic customer service oriented sub-contractor Technicians for the position of Field Installations and Repair, and MDU installation to service Pemberton, BC.
- Drives to and from end user locations in a general area
- Operates equipment and a vehicle, tools and ladders in a safe and responsible manner
- Relates with customers in a professional and polite manner
- Provides an extremely high level of customer service
- Comfortable with using handheld tools and working at heights
- Ensures test equipment, laptop and tools are kept in excellent condition
- Safety Conscious and able to adhere to a intensely structured safety program
- Position Overview:
- Deliver exceptional customer experiences and high quality installations for TV, Internet and Phone Service in customer’s homes and businesses. This is technical position so you will be installing or trouble shooting wiring installations.
- This is NOT a tech support over the phone position, this is installing wiring.
- You will be climbing ladders, pulling wire and installing Fibre Optic, Copper lines to supply TV, Internet, phone and satellite dish service.
- You will be hired as a sub-contractor so you must provide your own work vehicle with a commercial ladder rack and basic tools.
- Prior experience in telecommunications and/or working in the field independently is a MUST.
- Prior experience in a customer facing customer service role is a tremendous asset.
- A strong technical aptitude and general interest in the field.
- Must be comfortable with computers, and able to handle various Windows based applications Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Successfully complete a criminal background check
- Evening and Weekend work is a must
- Must have or be able to obtain a work vehicle with a ladder rack and basic tools.
- Maintain a valid BC Class 5 driver’s license and provide a driver’s abstract quarterly
- Must be willing to work outdoors in changing weather conditions
- Must be technically inclined and have a desire to learn
- Self-motivated and highly organized to manage workloads with minimal direction
- Wears appropriate safety equipment and follow outlined safety protocols and procedures
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Wiring and installation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver Island, BC (Required)