At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want
to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be
part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive
salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be
part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as
adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Claims Support Assistant
Claims Support Assistant Reference Number: 113757
Duncan Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Hours of Work:
7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2020/11/26
We are looking for dynamic, proactive and organized administrative support professionals to join our team and provide general
administrative support to our Claims Department for an initial term of six (6) months.
Your administrative experience and customer service skills are essential in this fast-paced, service oriented environment.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Greeting customers and responding to enquiries in person and on the phone
- Performing a variety of administrative support functions such as filing, sorting mail, paying bills and arranging meetings
- Preparing and reviewing reports and documents for accuracy and error correction
- Completing correspondence and memos
- Maintaining and updating all statistical documents
- Assisting in opening, maintaining and closing claim files
- Recording and sorting customer belongings retrieved from vehicles
- Preparing file documents for records retention.
Your qualifications will include:
- A minimum typing speed of 40 net words per minute with a 90% accuracy level
- A minimum data entry speed of 5000 net key strokes per hour with a 95% accuracy level
- Strong customer service skills
- Initiative and good judgment to be proactive and determine priorities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and to be flexible to adapt to changing work demands, volumes and schedules
- Attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with relevant computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel
- High school graduation and some combination of coursework in Administrative program and/or experience in an office
- Dicta-typing proficiency is an asset.
The hourly rate for this temporary position is $22.72, plus payment in lieu of vacation and benefits.
**Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position**