*Who we are*
Lucent Biosciences is on a mission to support the transition to sustainability in agriculture with Soileos, a novel micronutrient biofertilizer that increases crop yields, improves soil health, is non-polluting and climate positive. We’ve raised $19 million from Protein Industries Canada Supercluster and a consortium of companies to help Canadian farmers further improve their substantiality and reduce carbon emissions. We are seeking a Greater Vancouver-based Senior Research Assistant to join our team for this exciting chapter of company growth!
Reporting to the Chief Science Officer, the Senior Research Assistant will play an integral role in our SFU-based Research and Development team. They will leverage their previous lab experience and formal training to help execute the team’s projects. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about research and wants to learn, grow, and make a positive impact!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute accurate syntheses and characterizations according to the project plan.
- Record all the details and observations and document the results in the related shared drive.
- Collect, analyze and document research data and report to management about progress & results.
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for other assigned researchers and management.
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project from your manager.
- Ask questions about any uncertainty you have and make sure you know what your supervisor asked you to do.
- Study MSDS of all the materials you are going to work with and follow the required safety protocols, and avoid any uncertainty in respect to safety.
- Prepare reports, and presentations as required for your manager.
- Attend project meetings.
- Provide accurate QA/QC characterization results on company products asap.
- Record chain of custody for any sent or received samples.
- Related tasks defined by the manager.
- Master of Chemistry, Chemical engineering,
- 3+ years of experience working on the Research projects or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Solid written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Outstanding time management and personal organization skills
- Outstanding teamwork skill
Lucent Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer unequivocally committed to hiring diverse talent. We welcome all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications for this role to apply and will provide accommodations as requested.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $70,000.00 per year