We are looking for some dynamic people to join our Retail Store in Hamilton. Role includes operating cash, deli slicer, managing inventory (shelves and cooler) as well as meal prep when hot table is back up and running!
Current store hours: Monday - Saturday 9 am - 4 pm
NO EVENINGS, NOT OPEN ON SUNDAYS!!!
- Flexible to cover various shifts, including weekends as required
- Serve customers who request food from the deli counter, including slicing and cutting cheeses and meats, properly weigh deli products ensuring accurate pricing, etc.
- Handle cash, including counting floats, providing change and refunds, and end of day cash balancing and required paperwork
- Provide excellent customer service, in person and over the phone
- Ensure products and merchandise are presented neatly, priced correctly and shelves are adequately stocked
- Assist with maintaining accurate inventory levels and meeting special customer requests
- Maintain cleanliness of Retail Store
- Ensure that all H&S, GMP’s, security regulations and government regulations (as set by the Public Health Unit) are adhered to and required standards are met
- Food Safety & Quality responsibility as outlined in SOPs & other training materials provided
- Prepare specialty cheese trays and baskets
- Decorate and re-organize store as directed
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Retail experience - cash handling and deli (slicer) an asset
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal
- Strong customer service skills required and ability to work as a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle cash and perform simple math
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task * Must be punctual and diligent
- Physically capable of performing demands of the job
We are a equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
- Discounted or Free Food
- On-site Parking
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday