Note: Please read our application carefully before applying.
We are looking for an experienced Ontario College of Teacher-certified high school teacher to join our team and develop the ESLEO (ESLE level 5) course for our online high school.
We are not looking for ESL tutors! You must be an experienced teacher who can develop OSSD credit courses.
This is a home-based project. Contract, part time, and work during evenings and weekends are all possible.
Who We Are
We are building an online learning platform that allows high school students in Ontario to learn via video lectures.
Who We Are Looking For
Candidates must have recently taught an ESLEO course at least once in full (at least 1 year experience), is self-directed, and is comfortable with technology and innovative teaching methods. You should have strong communication skills, is detail oriented, and is organized.
Complete fluency in English is a requirement.
- You will be helping us develop video lectures that help high school students in Ontario.
- This includes designing and developing online lecture materials that meet and exceed the Ontario Ministry of Education’s requirements for OSSD credits (including audio/visual presentations), teaching the material through pre-recorded videos, composing tests, quizzes, and assignments.
- Previous experience with LMS technologies (D2L, Canvas, Brightspace, or Moodle) is an asset but not essential.
- You are required to produce a 15 minutes demo lesson as part of our interview process.
Applying for this job
When applying, please let us know (through a cover letter or through other means) when you have last taught the ESL course (also indicate which level!) and give us your OCT number.
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 per hour
This remote working job allows you to safely work at the comforts of your home
- ESLE, ESLD, or ESLC teaching: 1 year (Required)