JOB TITLE: Accountant DEPARTMENT: Finance
LOCATION: Bracebridge JOB TYPE: Full Time – Contract (15 months)
Centered in the heart of Muskoka, Muskoka Brewery is a caring and open-minded Ontario Craft Brewery that is recognized as a pioneer in the Ontario craft brewing industry and awarded as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2016. Our grassroots culture is inspired by the natural wonder that is our backyard. We have resolve; work hard and are unwavering in our beliefs. The connection to each other and to this place that we share has made us strong and determined. We are passionate about our beer and we will make our mark. We are Muskoka Brewery!
Muskoka Brewery requires an enthusiastic team player who has the drive to succeed and contribute to our next level of growth. Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant will contribute to the daily operation of the accounting department, ensuring effective and accurate delivery of information to internal & external customers.
Working with the Controller, the Accountant will be the lead on all reconciliations to ensure month-end and year-end close processes are within company deadlines, including:
- Perform account reconciliations for all export sales and financial statement
- Work with the Controller to prepare balance sheet accounts
- Assisting in inventory reconciliations and adjustments for specified channels including retail and dockside
- Ensure a high level of diligence for all reconciliations and posting of customer fees and other charges with our LCBO, TBS, and export channels
- Perform payment remittance of LCBO and TBS and accurately complete banking reconciliations, and report any discrepancies
- Maintain the brewery’s fixed asset continuity schedule
- Work with the Controller and/or Director of Finance to perform special accounting projects, reports and ad hoc requests including the upgrading of the Brewery’s ERP implementation
- Actively contribute to our Brewery’s continuous improvement initiatives seeking ways to improve processes and integration into other departments and external customers
- Protects and safeguards the organization's assets and value, including a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Actively lives our values of resolve, authentic, and thirsty, unique and caring; respects the polices and programs the brewery has created for the safety and wellbeing of the team
- Contribute to drive the success and growth of the brewery through sharing insights with our internal and external customers in mind
- Graduate of Post Secondary education in Business Accounting and working towards their Professional CPA designation (preferred)
- 2 years of accounting experience ideally in the CPG industry, recent grads are welcome to apply
- Strong proficiency with MS Office specifically Excel and experienced with MS Nav or accounting software is required
- Accuracy of work. The role of Accountant requires a person who is detailed focused and verifies work accuracy before the work is determined as complete
- A true team player. Muskoka Brewery’s value of resolve is strongly based in our team’s desire to win and jump in to help wherever the need. Our Finance team enjoys a light-hearted and engaging environment
- Independently motivated. As we work through COVID, our team members work collectively together and remotely throughout a given work week. You will need to dedicate and prioritize your time to completing the work
- Be an open communicator. Through transparency and clear communication, you will engage with all our departments and be expected to build a strong natural relationship with our team
- You are thirsty. You are not afraid to venture off the beaten path and provide ideas and opportunities to improve your role and the functions of the department and brewery. You have an opportunity to participate in various committees, our Moonlight Kettle team and enjoy a great beer at the end of the day
- Be a Muskoka Brewery Ambassador. Our team is passionate about working hard and connecting with our 3 communities (our team, our industry, and our local community). Participating in our events, volunteering and talking about our brands are just a few ways we demonstrate our passion for the brewery and the craft brewing industry
This position is now open for applications. Kindly send your Cover Letter and Resume to Human Resources no later than July 31st, 2020
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, thirsty to work in a fast paced and competitive market, knowledgeable about our brand and being a passionate active member of our team.
Muskoka Brewery is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Temporarily due to COVID-19