ErinoakKids is currently seeking energetic Program Assistants to work as a member of our in-centre teams in supporting the application of behaviour intervention services to young children with autism. Successful candidates will possess strong interpersonal skills and work towards supporting clients as they participate in social, communication, and daily living activities.
- Assist the in-centre team with implementing activities for participants within the autism services program.
- Provide coverage for the in-centre team during snack times and lunches, and our recreational respite program
- Maintain and support the in-centre by ensuring toys and materials are cleaned and organized on a daily basis.
- Work towards maximizing client independence in day to day activities and engage in general client care.
- Assist Behaviour Clinicians with data collection and entry for primary clients.
- Promote participation in leisure activities and social skill development.
- A diploma in Early Childhood Education or Autism Behavioral Sciences is an asset;
- Experience working with children and youth with autism;
- Experience working with children and youth with challenging behaviors;
- Experience with assisting individuals in personal care;
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid and CPI certificate is preferred;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Enjoy working with children in a team atmosphere;
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary