199 Bell Boulevard, Belleville, ON K8P 5B8, Canada
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our team! As an integral member of our team, this position will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of club operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience. The Assistant Manager will work closely with the Club Manager to build a positive and enthusiastic team atmosphere as well as a financially successful club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests, and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
Assist in scheduling and supervising staff to ensure that all shifts are regularly covered.
Ensure staff is providing a superior customer experience at all times.
Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns.
Assist in approving and processing weekly club payroll preparing necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
Provide backup support as needed for any employee who is absent.
- Lead by example with involvement in all front desk related activities.
Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service to ensure that everyone feels welcome!
Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
Check members into the system, tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates or events to members and guests.
Facilitate all member requests and help to resolve any member issues and questions.
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
Keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
Participate in regular facility cleaning and club upkeep such as mopping up skills, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors, and re-racking weights.
Oversee the safety of employees, members and club property by determining when equipment or facilities are in need of repair and communicating to the Facilities and Maintenance team in a timely manner.
- Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Assist in tracking various statistics and reports on a weekly, monthly, and annually basis.
- Assist in managing marketing efforts to ensure that all staff are aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- Other duties as assigned based on club needs.
- Must be 18 year of age or older.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- One to two years of experience working in a customer service environment preferably in a similar gym or retail environment.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Hard working, enthusiastic, energetic and a passion for health and fitness!
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have a valid driver's licence, acceptable driver record and must have own reliable means of transportation.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.