Champlain Regional College (St-Lambert Campus) is looking for qualified candidates to be part of a bank of candidates to fill temporary teaching positions in the discipline of COMPUTER SCIENCE (420).
Required Qualifications :
Master’s degree in in computer science, software engineering, information science or related
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing applications.
- Experience in Java and C# – programming in Swift is an asset.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid coding practices, including unit testing and peer reviews.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to and ability in classroom instruction.
- Adept at using Linux OS, Mac iOS, and Windows OS.
- Recent industry experience and passionate to teach in the field of computer science.
Intermediate to advanced technical skills and experience in the following related areas:
- Programming languages (minimum: Java, C#)
- Web-based programming (HTML5/CSS, JSP’s and servlets, Hibernate, Java Beans, PHP, AJAX, etc.)
- Databases (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, ORACLE 11g or newer, ACCESS)
- Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, Networking (Windows server, Linux), Mac iOS
- Information systems security (data, Network, information systems)
- Mobile Development (Android and/or iOS) and Gaming (Unity)
- Experience with cloud computing environments (Microsoft Azure Dev Ops, Visual studio, ASP.Net are preferred)
- IoT Technology
- Big Data (NoSQL, Hadoop)
- Hardware Support (trouble shooting, problem solving a wide variety of issues ranging from desktops, laptops and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
Teaching experience at a higher educational institution (University or Cégep).
Willingness to work with the faculty members in all activities required or extracurricular as well.
Willingness to take advantage of opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with peers in the department.
Champlain Regional College is an equal opportunity employer and invites candidates to signify their belonging to groups targeted by the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies.
According to years of schooling and experience and based on norms provided by the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Énseignement supérieur.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory with your application, therefore please be sure to submit yours.
If you are applying from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email inviting you to attach your CV in order for your application to be considered.