As a purpose-led company, Securitas employees are united across the country and around the globe. Our purpose serves as a consistent reminder of why our work is so important to our colleagues, clients and the community. Safety is a basic premise for all of us to enjoy life with friends and family as well as to succeed at work. Threats to our safety are ever increasing and becoming more complex. Therefore, our commitment to helping make the world a safer place is more important than ever. Our employees are guided by our 3 values: Integrity, Helpfulness and Vigilance. With over 370,000 employees globally and over $10 billion in revenue in 2018, we have surpassed our competitors by providing quality service year after year. If you are looking to join an elite team of Security Professionals, Securitas is the employer of choice. This role is an excellent opportunity to gain experience for a career in Law Enforcement.
To support social distancing, Securitas Canada will be conducting our hiring process remotely, including video interviews. We are committed to the safety of candidates and our staff throughout the hiring process.
Position: Security Guard - Emergency Response Team - Casual
Shift: Rotational 12 hours All Shifts (Up to 32 hours per week) 0500-1700/1700-0500
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Pay Rate: $17.50/hr after training.
Location: Keele and Wilson
- Perform access control provision duties, verify visitors coming on-site and traffic enforcement.
- Escort medical staff including paramedics, police and firefighters when required.
- Mobile patrols around the site, checking fence perimeter and airfield.
- Escort contractors and visitors to their destination.
- Respond to medical emergencies and be prepared to perform CPR and AED if needed.
- Follow security breach procedures by notifying supervisors or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
- Monitor CCTV footage and cameras for irregularities and perform dispatch duties for the site.
- Perform foot patrols inside and outside the facility, including offices, hangars, engineering bays etc.
- Issue parking tickets when visitors violate parking lot rules and policies.
MINIMUM HIRING REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Security Licence
- G Class Drivers Licence
- Standard First Aid/CPR or be willing to obtain
- Police Foundations Diploma is an asset
- 1 year of demonstrated security experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Free uniforms (Why pay $100’s for a uniform?)
- Extensive training on-site and through online courses (To help you develop your skills)
- Employee Referral Program (Get paid to refer your friends)
- Growth opportunities into Scheduling, District Manager and other roles (We are always growing)
- Benefits plan (To keep you and your family happy)
- Work at world class and large sites and clients (To give you amazing experience)
- Gain skills for a career in Law Enforcement (Help you reach your goals)
Securitas Canada celebrates diversity and we welcome and encourage applications from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, pearson, airport, life safety, police, tactical, city, brampton, pal, mleo, g4, dispatch, level, 3, 1, 2, tchc, metrolinx, military, EMR, hospital, trillium, north york general, sunnybrook, st. mike's, government, community centre, casual, experience, access control, parking, pal, richmond hill, mackenzie health, vaughan, mississauga, brampton, whitby, oshawa, ajax, aru, mobile, MarS, etobicoke, pickering, scarborough, newmarket, richmond hill, malton, toronto, etobicoke, tactical, markville, LG, commercial, commerce, rapid, government
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $17.50 per hour
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Night Shift
- Security: 1 year (Required)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Preferred)
- Security Guard (Required)
- CPR (Required)