Are you a skilled and passionate Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) looking for an opportunity to grow with a dynamic and innovative team? Look no further than Petworks Veterinary Hospital, located in beautiful Dartmouth, NS.
At Petworks, we are passionately dedicated to providing exceptional service and compassionate care to both our clients and patients. Our team of experts is constantly striving to improve their knowledge and skills, and we embrace feedback, teamwork, and innovative suggestions. We recognize and celebrate the diverse talents and abilities that each team member brings to the table, and we actively work to leverage this individuality to drive the growth and success of our clinic and team.
Throughout our journey, our clinic has evolved in many ways, and we remain steadfast in our commitment to creating a supportive work environment that effectively meets the needs of our valued employees and our thriving business. Our current operational structure necessitates a more defined timetable; however, we are committed to fostering a supportive environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance and the continued personal and professional development of our team.
Located in Dartmouth, NS, our team enjoys the perks of living in a beautiful coastal community with access to stunning beaches, parks, and trails. The area is home to many vibrant neighborhoods, offering a range of housing options and community activities. With easy access to Halifax, the city's world-class amenities are just a short drive away.
As an RVT with Petworks, you have the opportunity to grow alongside our hospital and the medicine that we practice. Join our team and become a part of a dynamic and supportive culture dedicated to providing excellent care to our patients and a positive work environment for our team members.
About the Role
Our candidate must have:
- Animal Health Technician / Veterinary Technician Diploma
- Seasoned RVT with 1 to 2 years of clinical experience
- Passed the VTNE or will soon be passing the VTNE
- Good standing with their provincial regulatory association
We are seeking candidates who possess the following qualities:
- Enthusiastic, energetic and a positive attitude
- Versatile and adaptable when presented with day-to-day challenges
- Confident with their technical skills and experience
- Solid communication skills
- Efficient and motivated team player
WHAT WE OFFER
- RELOCATION Assistance (outside HRM)
- Competitive compensation (Starting $18-24/h, depending on experience)
- Annual Performance Reviews and ability to develop in your profession
- Various Team Building Activities
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Annual Uniform Allowance
- Continuing education allowance + Access to exclusive webinars and CE events
- Health and dental plus a fantastic EAP, access to Telus Health telemedicine & loads of other benefit perks
- RRSP package with matching
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through the Oscar Fund activities
- AMAZING medical and pet supply discounts
- And much more!!
Petworks Veterinary Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. A career with VetStrategy is anything but ordinary! Our work is something we’re truly excited about. Every day, we make an impact on the lives of others with veterinary care backed by a team of professionals who love what they do.
From Vancouver Island to Newfoundland, we have opportunities across Canada to fuel your passion. The possibilities are endless for you to do the most meaningful work of your career. Let us help you find your perfect role.
There are jobs and then there’s us. This is your moment to do the kind of work you find meaningful. Grab the opportunity to challenge yourself, push boundaries and learn new skills. Surround yourself with peers who will inspire you, and be inspired by you, to shape the future of veterinary care.
You’ll be part of a team that supports professional development and you’ll be provided with opportunities to grow throughout your career.