Banner Environmental Engineering Consultants Ltd. is currently seeking a full-time Water/Wastewater Operator to perform the daily operation and maintenance of water and wastewater plants, located in Northern Alberta.
- Daily Operation and Maintenance of Water and Wastewater Plants
- Monitoring and reporting in accordance with Alberta Environment Codes and Regulations.
- Identify and repair equipment deficiencies
- Maintain operating and monitoring records
Qualifications / Requirements
- Alberta Environment Certifications in Water and Wastewater Disciplines (Level 1 or Level 2)
- 1 to 3 years of related technical experience, water, wastewater and/or related projects are preferred
- Membrane water and wastewater treatment experience considered an asset
- Completion of post-secondary education in related discipline considered an asset
- Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Willingness to travel
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Shift Work
- Must be open to learning and development, and be willing to accept new challenges and assignments
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and SCADA systems
- A positive attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of the relevant codes and standard
Email Inquiries Only; only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview process. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive compensation and benefits package, with a variety of developmental opportunities as well as comprehensive safety training prior to on-site operation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Wastewater Treatment: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)