Founded in 1980, naturSource Inc. is a Canadian manufacturing company based in Montreal. At naturSource, we choose simple ingredients, produced by incredible humans from all around the world, to create nut mixes and snacks that are incomparably tasty. Our offerings can be found throughout Canada, the USA, Mexico, Europe and Asia. We are currently looking for an ambitious, motivated and competitive National Key Account Manager who contributes to our Vision and Values by maximizing profitable growth.
The National Key Account Manager (NKAM) serves as the primary business contact for existing and future clients in Canada. The primary objective of the NKAM is to maximize sales & distribution of naturSource products by supervising our brokers, and distributors, and ensuring the execution of sales and marketing activities, push for – and attend – head-office meetings (with retailers, brokers, distributors, etc.).
Ontario based: Remote. Requried to travel to the head-office in Montreal for 3 days every 6 weeks
Planning and Strategy:
- Develops and implements annual sales plan for growing sales with assigned retailers.
- Aligns naturSource’s strategy to customer priorities with solutions-based insights.
- Prepares end to end execution strategies including development, deployment and measurement of company assets against retailer category and store level initiatives.
- Reports regularly on performance against strategy and provides recommendations for course correction.
- Manages a trade spend budget within company guidelines.
- Ensure customer plans reflect naturSource’s brand building priorities.
- Delivers annual promotional plans to customers in advance of retailer deadlines.
- Ensures retailer accountability for program execution through monthly store visits to observe overall compliance to agreed details and assess competitive tactics.
- Builds consultancy-based relationships with key customer contacts through regular value-added weekly communication and prompt responses to all customer inquiries.
- Develops and executes regional and/or channel specific category development strategies.
- Delivers relevant and value-based product knowledge that can benefit retailer selling strategies.
- Launches new products flawlessly in conjunction with naturSource’s and retailer stated timeframes and guidelines.
- Develops budgets and maintains rolling forecasts.
- Communicates early and often when actual results differ from planned objectives.
- Acts with urgency to develop proactively any plans required to leverage advantage or restore naturSource’s business with assigned retailers.
- Makes recommendations for new product introductions based on feedback from customers.
- Leverages expertise against analysis of all insights-based data tools for development of both internal recommendations and external customer proposals.
- Listen carefully to customers to better understand needs and optimize ability of naturSource’s to respond with meaningful solutions.
- Prepares expense reports and submits on time.
- Prepares correspondence and reports on time as required.
- Acts with urgency and decorum in addressing key internal communications and priorities.
- Carries out other related duties as required.
- Create key performance measures on which to evaluate the brokers and distribution network at each level of the sales cycle
- With VP of Sales’ approval, develop and execute national promotional plan
- Supervise our brokers and distribution network according to the established performance criteria – keep them accountable
- Push and motivate our brokers and distribution network to Schedule high level meetings
- Get listings
- Execute promotions
- Increase distribution and sales
- Regularly reassess the promotional plan with VP of Sales
- Review product mix with sales and marketing to ensure we are providing the right product, pricing and promotion for each region
- Analyzing sales data and take action as necessary, with VP of Sales’ approval
- Achieving national sales targets set forth by VP of Sales
- Delivering sales presentations to high-level executives
- Regularly meeting with brokers and distributors
- Maintaining and expanding relationships with existing clients
- Tenacious and proficient at developing long term relationships that grow year over year
- 60% on the road (travel for head office visits, local store visits, store visits rest of Canada) / 40% office (hybrid / remote depending on location)
- Propose and attend relevant trade shows
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of Sales / Account Management experience in the retail food industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related fields an asset
- Head Office experience an asset (e.g.Walmart Canada, Sobeys National, Metro, Save On Foods)
- Self motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Spoken and written communication skills in French A Plus
- Goal oriented and strategic mindset
- Good time management skills and attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement