At GTI, we are committed to stand out from the rest and we value our customers. We have made it our priority to understand our customers business and the ever-changing needs of that business. We push the boundaries of traditional transportation to provide advantages to our clients to enable them to be successful in their respective market spaces.
Reporting to the Director of Logistics, the Business Development Manager will be responsible to generate income from both new and existing accounts, while building strong and long-lasting relationships with their business partner.
- As a Business Development Manager, your primary focus will be to sell our over the road mode of transportation via our asset and non-asset (3PL) divisions and have excellent knowledge of open deck and closed van trailers. The chosen candidate will generate new business and help grow existing accounts. This role combines inside sales, account management, customer care and logistics all in one. You will be responsible for prospecting, engaging, and closing new accounts in partnership with our Operational/Transportation and Logistics’ team.
- As a self-starter, you will be in daily contact with potential customers working to sell and build strong relationships and existing customers to help grow the account.
What you will be doing:
- Prospect for new customers via phone, internet, dormant CRM accounts, referrals, trade shows and networking.
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities through, mining, analysis and discovery.
- Identify opportunities to further penetrate accounts by selling a diverse service portfolio.
- Visit prospective clients and present an overview of the company.
- Partner with internal operations teams to create solutions based on customer needs, including appropriate pricing strategies, solution implementation and future customer growth.
- Develop account relationships with contacts at multiple levels within customer organizations.
- 3 years or more years of sales experience in the logistics industry
- Solid experience in a 3PL (non-asset) and asset-based environment.
- Strong open deck knowledge (flatbed, step deck, double drop, etc) and closed van.
- English & French spoken and written is required
- Working knowledge of over dimensional shipments.
- Passion for sales, work ethic and a drive to succeed
- Strong over the road transportation experience
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical ability Willingness to travel, as needed
- Successfully working in a team environment
We offer a competitive base salary + a strong commission structure
Should this opportunity be of interest to you and you meet all the requirements, please send us your resume, it'll be a pleasure to speak to you.
Sales, Business Development Representative, Logistics, trucking, open deck, closed van, transportation, flatbed, step deck, double drop, dry van
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Bonus scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- transportation: 3 years (Required)
- open deck: 3 years (Required)
- closed van: 3 years (Required)
- logistics sales: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19