Ironclad Properties Inc. is seeking an individual to join our team in the capacity of Chief Operating Officer. This position will be held at our head office located in Winnipeg, MB. The COO will report direct to the CEO.
Ironclad Properties Inc. is a national property and asset management company onboarding 1000 units a year in new product across Canada. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader, team orientated with a collaborative focus on managing and structuring teams across all markets, including the lease up of all new buildings across the nation.
Group benefits, Pension and Deferred Profit Sharing are some of the inclusions offered within this role.
Experience: Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in generating property and corporate budgets, implementing systems for large property operations organization, and supervision of management staff. Experience working in a large, mission-driven organization preferred.
Education: CPM Designation from the Real Estate Institute of Canada and / or Real Estate Broker's license or ability to obtain one. Bachelor's degree in Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Finance or other appropriate discipline is desired, related experience may be considered DOQ.
- Ability to motivate people to superior performance, while working through complex issues in a large organization with multiple relationships.
- History of hiring high quality staff, strong supervisory skills and the ability to develop the skills of staff within the assigned portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, communicate effectively and build coalitions and partnerships, along with the ability to relate well to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to speak and write well and advocate for luxury apartment housing and deliver high quality to all residents.
- Ability to interpret and understand financial information; familiarity with the preparation of corporate and property budgets.
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate operating systems for a large property management organization.
- Ability to travel into other markets
- Participate either directly or through delegation on regional development for issues related to acquisition, project design, and property management related concerns that can be identified in pre-development and construction phase. Make recommendations to CEO and collaborative departments as needed.
- Consult with and advise CEO and others as required or designated regarding: Property Budgets, Regional Budgets, Operational Planning, and Financial Planning.
- Provide leadership and support to staff, ensuring Ironclad Properties Inc. stated core values of Integrity, Honesty and Industry Excellence are in place and subscribed to throughout assigned region(s).
- Provide leadership and support to all staff in ensuring that the highest level of service and luxury is in place throughout assigned region(s).
- Facilitate appropriate owner/management relationships with governing authorities.
- Supervise Regional Directors and other staff working in assigned areas as required.
- Develop and recommend appropriate policies congruent with the strategic direction and plans.
- In consultation with the CEO develop and negotiate fee management, commercial lease agreements and contracts as required.
- Ensure that all property management fees have been maximized and are being charged, billed, and collected in an effective and timely manner.
- Remain current on local, provincial and federal issues related to the affordable housing industry and key demographics and disseminate the information accordingly in an efficient manner to all invested parties and CEO.
- In conjunction with Human Resources and Compliance and Training staff, ensure that appropriate training programs are in place in all areas of operation.
- Take responsibility for facilitating communication among the Head Office and Property Management staff.
- Effectively lead and work in a collaborative manner with all departments and the Ironclad Group of Companies including, but not limited to, Portfolio Risk Management, Financial Services, Human Resources, and task forces/committees as assigned.
- Assess market trends in property management industry for Canadian markets annually and report data to the CEO.
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume in confidence to Karla Van Damme - Human Resource Manager for Ironclad Properties Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Property Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)