Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$89823.44 to $112279.30
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Your expertise in client relationships and leadership skills will play a critical role in creating and ensuring positive relationships with housing experts and promotors and developers while identifying opportunities to stimulate the multi units development. Your experience leading intelligence-gathering efforts and providing strategic input into processes, policy and technology direction will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- University degree in Business Administration, specializing in Marketing, Finance or Real Estate Development, and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of marketing, promotional and sales techniques.
- Knowledge of all CMHC housing finance tools including all NHS initiatives (FLI, IF, NHCF, RCFi, etc), their processes and criteria.
- Knowledge of CMHC rental mortgage insurance products, services and policies and processes;
- Sufficient knowledge of appraisal, market analysis, financial statement analysis, and property management to be able to assess the degree of risk.
- Sufficient knowledge of real estate development stages and processes,
- Knowledge of alternative options of collateral security and their applicable safeguards in risk mitigation.
- A sound awareness of market trends in the housing industry and the economy generally including interest rates, housing price trends and unemployment rates.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
What you will be doing
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of CMHC Multi-Unit mortgage insurance products, services, policies and processes, as well as initiatives in support of the National Housing Strategy (NHS).
- Contributing with a strategic lens to the development of National and/or Regional initiatives
- Contributing proactively to the advancement of national business development plans through team participation in reviewing practices, financing products and by providing innovative solutions to meet market/client challenges and opportunities.
- Exhibiting both leadership and teamwork skills, support specialists and actively liaising and supporting the housing solutions team in the achievement of common objectives.
- Adopting an “out of the box” approach to actively participate in creative problem solving
- Promoting the visibility and value of CMHC products and services to clients as the first choice in housing finance.
- Developing and implementing customized marketing, business development and client service strategies/plans.
- Developing and implementing a key account approach for large borrowers, non-profit affordable housing providers, developers and other multi-unit partners
- Creating and delivering solutions to increase client satisfaction.
- Identifying new opportunities for innovative processes or enhancements to meet client housing financing needs with long-term consideration in addressing both risk and clients/borrower needs.
- Increasing client knowledge on CMHC rental mortgage insurance products through the creation and delivery of targeted training initiatives.
- Improving CMHC’s impact and outcomes through the utilization and reporting of market and competitive intelligence.
- Participating in the development of client consultation processes, methodologies and conducts industry consultation interviews to inform the client strategy.
- Manage upstream procurement content and strategic supplier relationships, including during the supplier pre-qualification process and while resolving issues and disputes.
- Implement processes to monitor contract performance and proactively address issues/inquiries to mitigate risks.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
December 18, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower salary range than is advertised for this position.
All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
All regular employees must be in their current role for a minimum of one (1) year prior to applying for a new position, if not, they must receive managerial approval to apply for a new position.
If applying for a temporary assignment, please ensure that your Manager approves your application prior to submission.
In all cases, regular employees must successfully complete the corporate probationary period prior to applying for a new position.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities